• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my foster bunny ....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
This little bunny came to stay here yesterday afternoon so that the can get a bit of TLC before finding her forever home.

She appears to be in good health, is around 8 months old and is a small-medium lionlop bunny. (A three year old child got bored of her, not unique there then :censored:)

Anyhow, she's started Panacur today, will be getting a vet health check and hopefully myxi jab on Tuesday, VHD jab two weeks later and probably spayed after her quarantine period has finished + at least one week after VHD jab.

Most of the pictures are from behind the mesh as she is quite confident behind the barrier but a tad scared when I open the hutch, so could only get pictures of bum otherwise! I shall get some better pictures later. I need to find a treat she loves so she will learn to come to me and trust me more. I'm not sure if she's had veg before as the previous owner was vague but she loved the little piece of kale she got this morning :love::love:

When she's ready for her new home she will be looking to be housed in a min 6ft or 5ft 2 tier hutch with plenty of head room and a companion, or as an indoor bunny. Enquires welcomed if anyone has fallen for her :love::love:

PICT3021-1.jpg

PICT3023.jpg

PICT3024.jpg

PICT3025.jpg

I think she's going to be really cheeky when she gets settled :love::love:

(sorry the pictures are small, I didn't realise when loading them!)

I just wanted to add that I apologise if I have caused offence to anyone regarding taking on this bunny, this I deeply regret but I thought it through carefully, I had been offering my services as a fosterer for some time, I have the financial capacity to take care of needs without calling on anyone's help and as I had been considering adopting another pair of rabbits anyway, she can stay here permanently, if that happens. The reason I did what I did is because the rescues are so full and I wanted to help her. I didn't go looking for her but clicked on a listing for a 'large hutch'. I don't scour free-ads purposefully, I came across her totally by accident. I realise this incident has caused a debate that does need to be discussed but I would like to assure everybody I will be taking full responsibilty for this rabbit and won't be expecting anybody else to bail me out.

Last edited:
Oh *falls in love again**:love:
She certainly is a very pretty bun - I hope she will be snapped up and find a forever home x x x

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone will fall for her quickly, it would be lovely to see her settled, she's a little poppet. I think her 'Auntie Denise' was falling for her ... a little bit :love::love::lol::lol:

Last edited:
She's so cute! Is she as fluffy as she looks?

It's just her mane really, she has a thick coat but not long haired.

She's settling really well now, started coming to me instead of running away.:love:

She really is lovely. She hasn't worked out the difference between vetbet an her litter tray yet though :roll:

she is cute....well done for getting her
Hope she gets on well with you and gets a nice new home.

This little bunny came to stay here yesterday afternoon so that the can get a bit of TLC before finding her forever home.

She appears to be in good health, is around 8 months old and is a small-medium lionlop bunny. (A three year old child got bored of her, not unique there then :censored:)

Anyhow, she's started Panacur today, will be getting a vet health check and hopefully myxi jab on Tuesday, VHD jab two weeks later and probably spayed after her quarantine period has finished + at least one week after VHD jab.

Most of the pictures are from behind the mesh as she is quite confident behind the barrier but a tad scared when I open the hutch, so could only get pictures of bum otherwise! I shall get some better pictures later. I need to find a treat she loves so she will learn to come to me and trust me more. I'm not sure if she's had veg before as the previous owner was vague but she loved the little piece of kale she got this morning :love::love:

When she's ready for her new home she will be looking to be housed in a min 6ft or 5ft 2 tier hutch with plenty of head room and a companion, or as an indoor bunny. Enquires welcomed if anyone has fallen for her :love::love:

PICT3021-1.jpg

PICT3023.jpg

PICT3024.jpg

PICT3025.jpg

I think she's going to be really cheeky when she gets settled :love::love:

(sorry the pictures are small, I didn't realise when loading them!)

I just wanted to add that I apologise if I have caused offence to anyone regarding taking on this bunny, this I deeply regret but I thought it through carefully, I had been offering my services as a fosterer for some time, I have the financial capacity to take care of needs without calling on anyone's help and as I had been considering adopting another pair of rabbits anyway, she can stay here permanently, if that happens. The reason I did what I did is because the rescues are so full and I wanted to help her. I didn't go looking for her but clicked on a listing for a 'large hutch'. I don't scour free-ads purposefully, I came across her totally by accident. I realise this incident has caused a debate that does need to be discussed but I would like to assure everybody I will be taking full responsibilty for this rabbit and won't be expecting anybody else to bail me out.

you didnt cause me any offence you did what you thought was best, hope i would be able to do the same, if i found myself in the same situation all the best to you both shes lovely!!:love::love:

shes:love:

that was what my bifs brother was like the rescue said...gem says he had a huge mane...bif is his sister and not at all maned but her ears are sooo short like a mini lop!

thats one sweeeet bunny:love:

Such a lovely looking bunny :love:

I think taking her was the best thing, who knows where she might have ended up otherwise. At least now she can be happy :love:

Back