• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was this a seizure?

Emily84

New Kit
Last night whilst feeding my 2 buns the strangest thing happened...
I was busily filling up the hay bale and food bowl while Ralph tried to hump Betsy, all very normal, however when I placed the food bowl in the cage Betsy started munching and Ralph carried on trying to hump. Two humps in Ralph fell off of Betsy onto his side, his front and back legs tucked into himself and he made a deep grunting noise, this lasting only a very short time.
I thought he was about to snuff it, I almost had a had a heart attack! Luckily he jumped back up and hopped over for his tea! Has anyone ever seen this? Ralph is obviuosly fine but I'm baffled as to what happened...

Last night whilst feeding my 2 buns the strangest thing happened...
I was busily filling up the hay bale and food bowl while Ralph tried to hump Betsy, all very normal, however when I placed the food bowl in the cage Betsy started munching and Ralph carried on trying to hump. Two humps in Ralph fell off of Betsy onto his side, his front and back legs tucked into himself and he made a deep grunting noise, this lasting only a very short time.
I thought he was about to snuff it, I almost had a had a heart attack! Luckily he jumped back up and hopped over for his tea! Has anyone ever seen this? Ralph is obviuosly fine but I'm baffled as to what happened...

If Ralph is entire and Betsy unspayed you now have a pregnant Rabbit.

The Buck displayed normal post-coital behaviour

my female rabbits do simular to that except when it is about dominance they frantically chin rub and even hump the others head. There is no mistaking it at all. it might seem sexual with the humping but trust me if you saw my two at it you'd know what i mean.
he has probably, like said above, just had his wicked way with her.

Back