• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The crew so far....

Ricochet Rabbit

Young Bun
I don't know what these rabbs are breed wise,maybe someone here knows?I took some quick snaps before I left for work,I'll take some more propper pics tomorrow when I have them out to scrub thier cages and scrub them as well.

This is the buck,I'm calling him Pig Pen,because,through no fault of his own,he's a bit grubby.But he'll get his act cleaned up tomorrow when he gets what I'm pretty sure will be his first bath!

pigpen.jpg

The only thing I can think of for this one is Lazy Bones,she likes to lay around all day,but at night she gets pretty active.

lazybones.jpg

This one's my favorite,she's always active,friendly and very curious!I'm going to call her Smokie because of her smoke colored ears and nose.

smokieeareddoe.jpg

Spam are viruses that try and advertise on forums :roll:

Your buns are lovely, where did you get them from.

I hope you're not going to try and breed them, especially not knowing their background.

Xx

Lovely bunnies. Love Pig Pen.

Bit worried that you think you can bath bunnies though - you can't.

If absolutely necessary (shouldn't be necessary) you can wipe them over.

Why is Pig Pen dirty? Do you mean poo?

Lovely bunnies. Love Pig Pen.

Bit worried that you think you can bath bunnies though - you can't.

If absolutely necessary (shouldn't be necessary) you can wipe them over.

Why is Pig Pen dirty? Do you mean poo?

If you can't bathe rabbits,then why do they make rabbit shampoo?I found some this weekend.It was necessary,his fur was matted up with pee,not just on the bottom,but on his sides as well.I washed him with the rabbit shampoo,them dried him with a towel and kept him in the house until his fur was all dried out.I did find out that the white ones are New Zealands and Smokie is a California.

Spam are viruses that try and advertise on forums :roll:

Your buns are lovely, where did you get them from.Xx

I got them from a breeder who was going out of business,and they weren't exactly living in the best of conditions either.I went and bought a few more from her this weekend and got them away from a rabbitry that had tons of fermenting floor litter in it,which I've also found out,contribututes to resperatory infections.Speaking,of which,I have one sneezing female now that I need to get some antibiotics for to get her back on track.

Like a lot of products, rabbit shampoo is made to make money out of owners that want to give their pets the best of everything and should never really be needed.

I do understand that bunnies can get a little grubby from time to time, especially when unwell, but if a bunny has a problem with poo or wee, then there is an underlying issue as they are inherently clean. Is he incontinent or does he just lie in a wet area?

I got them from a breeder who was going out of business,and they weren't exactly living in the best of conditions either.I went and bought a few more from her this weekend and got them away from a rabbitry that had tons of fermenting floor litter in it,which I've also found out,contribututes to resperatory infections.Speaking,of which,I have one sneezing female now that I need to get some antibiotics for to get her back on track.

Now I understand why you might need to do a bit of a cleanup if your bun came from that sort of situation.

Hope he improves now he is with you.

Well done for getting them out of the situation.
Have you reported the breeder?
It's good to hear you are going to give them a rest from being used as breeding machines. They must be very tired.

I do understand that bunnies can get a little grubby from time to time, especially when unwell, but if a bunny has a problem with poo or wee, then there is an underlying issue as they are inherently clean. Is he incontinent or does he just lie in a wet area?

I got him from a rabbitry which,to say it was 'untidy' would be putting it mildly! He's not incontinent,his cage was pretty dirty,and I'm almost certain that most of the pee that was matted in his fur wasn't his!:shock::roll:

I got him from a rabbitry which,to say it was 'untidy' would be putting it mildly! He's not incontinent,his cage was pretty dirty,and I'm almost certain that most of the pee that was matted in his fur wasn't his!:shock::roll:

Poor soul. Well he's got a new start now then.

More photos please, he's very handsome.

Well done for getting them out of the situation.
Have you reported the breeder?

This is a person whom I've known for most of my life,and we live in a very small town,to report her would start a feud that I'm not wanting to deal with.I'm just going to keep buying more of the rabbits and get them into a much cleaner environment.That's much better than starting a feud.

Oh yeah,I've also got a few ear issues to clear up as well.Some of the rabbits have some crusty inner ears,I was told mineral oil would clear this up,I've also heard polysporin as well.It looks like they were scratched raw and are trying to heal up now,I need to know how to fix these guys' ears.

Back