• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

totally heartless/ babies have gone to the bridge/ advice needed

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
this morning i received a call from a lady who said she had a rabbit problem:roll: when I got there she had 3 rabbits :shock: standard rexes, in 3 foot hutches:cry: 2 of the bunnies were sharing a hutch, when she opened the hutch there was nest with babies in it.before i could do anything she removed mum and babies put them in a cardboard box and told me to take them,
these babies are 2 days old and mum was getting herself in a state, when i tried to explain how dangerous it is to move them i was told if i didnt take them they would die anyway cos she couldnt afford to feed them, so i had no chioce:cry::cry::cry::cry:

people are so heartless, the other rabbit that shared a hutch with mum was male so mum will be pregnant again, she is now settled here but didnt deserve to be treated like that after she,s just given birth:cry::cry::cry::cry:

people are so cruel, they are so wrong when people say we,re a nation of animal lovers:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
That's awful, I hope the mum doesn't turn on her babies now :(

Better taken out now than left at hers until there's yet another litter in the hutch with mum and dad and first litter though... :?

Hope they are all ok xxx

Oh my goodness that is so awful :cry: What a heartless :censored: she is! Hope they manage to be ok somehow & that by some small miracle, mum isn't pregnant again :cry:

What a cruel person. I hope they'll be ok and aren't too traumatised by being moved so soon. :(

this poor mummy bun is very stressed tonight, ive covered her cage with a blanket so its nice and dark, but she is pacing and thumping :cry::cry::cry: should i just leave her. im praying she wont kill her babies:cry::cry: i feel dreadful but i really had no choice but to take them:cry:

I would leave her be, she's probably just anxious and is pacing cos she feels threatened. I'm sure she will calm down over night.

You have done nothing wrong - well done for helping the poor bunnies. Hopefully Mummy bunny will calm down, poor thing. Fingers crossed for her not being pregnant again. I just don't understand some people :evil:

How are things this morning? I think you did the best thing by leaving her alone, as it would probably stress her more to have a strange human fussing over her. You're doing the best you can. :):)

Back