• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wot? No Wabbits??U/D new pics

capel

Warren Veteran
I see no bunsters in there..
DSC00562.jpg

The hutch is all ready for Lou's Sapphire and Jaime who are coming for another holiday on Costa del Budworth while Lou's living over at Claire's until she's a bit better. When they stayed the last time Sapphire just refused to jump down onto the bricks we'd made into a platform on the bottom although she was quite happy to jump up into the top area. I'm pretty sure sure that it's because she can't see very well. It didn't really matter too much then as they were here for only a weekend, but as they will be here for longer we decided to make the ramp..Note the Royal "WE":lol: Rog spent some time last night making a ramp for the hutch, and even carpeted it so that they wouldn't skite down...
DSC00563.jpg

The hutch is the 6x2 double storey Happy Hutch which Lou gave me, and has been a Godsend as it's housed a few rescue buns since it's been here:) We are heading off now to collect S&J so will put up some pics when we get back.
DSC00564.jpg

Last edited:
That's the stuff I get from the local stables at £4.00 for a bale which we stuff into a wheelie bin. I use it as bedding and put the dust free stuff on top.

perhaps I'll have a look at ours. We get our from a local farmer as the local horse feed merchant was rubbish. The farmers is quite dust free but cut a little late I think so is quite brown & dry. There is a stables round the corner, might be worth a shot.

That's the stuff I get from the local stables at £4.00 for a bale which we stuff into a wheelie bin. I use it as bedding and put the dust free stuff on top.

ooooh I have a spare wheelie bin - what a fab idea!

I keep the bin right beside the hutch so it's right to hand. Mind you, there's still hay all over the place!!:lol:
It also serves a a bit of a windbreak for the run which is attached to the hutch!

Here they are:
Firstly, Sapphire
DSC00567.jpg

Next, Jamie
DSC00568.jpg

Settling into the hutch. Sapphire, as usual got to the food first!! Don't worry about the seemingly absence of hay..the enclosed area is stuffed full with the stuff! I expect that by tomorrow morning they'll have spread it everywhere:lol:
DSC00571.jpg

Last edited:
brilliant... at least thats one less worry for Lou... how is Claire today? is she still in hospital :(

Hi Jane..No I'm looking after them for Lou until she moves back into her own place as she's staying at Claire's while she's looking after her.

Awwww them pictures made me smile. Rog is amazing for making that ramp for Sapphire... you are both amazing and we are so appreciative of your help and support.

I miss them but I know that I wouldn't be able to give them the time they usually get right now with Claire being so ill.

Thank you Hilda

xxxx

She's still not used it!. Jamie's been up and down several times, but seems to be spending a lot of time in the cardboard tunnel in the run. I suspect he's diging through to the lino again! After I've panacured S tomorrow I'll put her back in the run and hopefully she'll realise what the ramp is and may climb up it!! If the ground defrosts a bit they'll have some garden time tomorrow.

Back