• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do bunnies dart??

louise1

Mama Doe
honey darts from one corner of the rug to the other and then darts up on the couch and back down.... why do they dart about like this??

It's just part of the binkying repertoire I thought. I think they do it just because they can ;)

I suppose in the evolutionary scale of things it's practice for real life danger situations - evading predators: running very quickly, jumping, sudden changes in direction. You have to admit they're hard to catch :lol:

lol i just wondered she looks like shes enjoying it when she does it bcoz most of the time it ends in a massive binky... usually into something like a wall or radiator lol:lol::lol:

They do seem to do it when they are really happy but I also think it is part survival instinct. In the wild they dart away from predators often running in zigzags. I see it in the same way that cats play with string and toys, it is playing but they are also practising their killer instinct :)

Back