• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I really need vibes please.....

charlie82

Mama Doe
I had my foster bun in for a spay yesterday, I am normally not so nervy about them, but she is a particularly timid rabbit and I knew it would be an ordeal for her.

I am keeping her in a quite, warm place in the house, but she is used to being outside so I hope I'm not slowing her recovery. She wouldn't come out of her carrier at all, so at 10pm I brought her out and placed her in her litter tray (it's a plastic dog bed). She stayed there all night so hasn't had a drink or anything to eat. I have seen her pulling at some strands of hay, but I'm very worried about her.:cry:

Thank you Jane.

yeah I'm just going to give her some metacam. I feel guilty that i'm causing her so much stress by having her indoors, but i'm not prepared to put her back outside in this weather. I just spoke to my vet who wasn't that concerned as she said recovery also has to do with a buns temperament and she's very timid. I've got some metoclop too so I will give her some of that later.

I hope she can adapt to living inside because if she does she has a lovely home to go to. :)

My rabbits used to be a bit timid in the house when they came inside (Bonfire night, after GAs etc) but now they seem to have got used to it.

Lots of vibes

FC x

Hi Angela,

Hope your foster bun starts eating soon. Bambi was spayed yesterday too and she's not eating either. The vets have kept her in overnight. I rang them up this morning and they still need to keep her in as she isn't eating. Hopefully I can bring her home soon. xx

Hi Angela,

Hope your foster bun starts eating soon. Bambi was spayed yesterday too and she's not eating either. The vets have kept her in overnight. I rang them up this morning and they still need to keep her in as she isn't eating. Hopefully I can bring her home soon. xx

Awww poor Bambi. :( At least she is in the right place. It's normal not to eat, but obviously important that they do so as soon as possible. It's awful when it's one of your own. I hope Bambi will eat while she is at the vets, I feel better keeping mine at home so long as I am able to syringe feed them food and fluids. Sending lots of vibes to bambi.

I'm hoping my bunny will adapt to being in the house, because Kate Pankhurst is going to have her so long as she bonds with her bun.
xx

Awwwwwwwww bless, sending loads of vibes for her, please make sure she is kept warm, hope she picks up soon

Awwwwwwwww bless, sending loads of vibes for her, please make sure she is kept warm, hope she picks up soon

Thanks snowy....

She is currently in the bathroom and hallway (both have radiators that I have on a little but not too much because she is used to being outside. She has a snugglesafe under her hay too. :)

Still the same :(

Not wanting to eat or drink, has urinated on herself. I'm going to give her some metoclop, give her a couple of hours then start syringe feeding. thankfully she has passed a few droppings, so she is either secretly eating a little hay (def no food) or they are what was left of what she ate yesterday morning.

I'm so sorry she is still feeling poorly,the only good sign is she is passing a few
poos.I really hope shes starts perking up soon.This must be a terrible worry.Sending big hugs for you

Still the same... I knew she would be a tough patient!
I have another one in on monday too... I'm dreading it :shock: x

Who you got in Monday? Debx

A different rabbit I am looking after until they go to a rescue. i feel so guilty watching them run around outside when I know what I'm going to have done to her on Monday. I'll have to find somewhere in the house to put them too afterwards!!! At the moment I have a rabbit in my living room-kitchen,my bedroom, spare bedroom and hall-bathroom. :shock:

A different rabbit I am looking after until they go to a rescue. i feel so guilty watching them run around outside when I know what I'm going to have done to her on Monday. I'll have to find somewhere in the house to put them too afterwards!!! At the moment I have a rabbit in my living room-kitchen,my bedroom, spare bedroom and hall-bathroom. :shock:

Wished i lived closer to you, how about your toilet?:lol::lol::lol:Debx

Back