• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ignore

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper

*Dont bother reading this thread*

Explanation here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=2960390#post2960390

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please will you have a read of this and tell me what needs adding/amending

All amendments in Blue font :)

'By Fostering (name of Rabbit) for his/her lifetime I agree to the following conditions :

1 I will provide spacious and secure accomodation at all times.

2 I will provide an appropriate diet of good quality hay 24/7, a high fibre pelleted feed and a variety of fresh vegetables. Water will be available 24/7.
I will not allow (name of Rabbit) to become overweight and I understand the importance of introducing any new foodstuff very gradually.

3 I will not keep (name of Rabbit) as a single Rabbit. The only exception being if (name of Rabbit) is a House Rabbit where there will be someone at home most of the time.

4 I will keep (name of Rabbit) up to date with both their 6 monthly Myxomatosis vaccination and their yearly VHD vaccination. (Vaccination record card provided at time of adoption) I am responsible for covering the cost of said vaccinations

5 If I suspect (name of Rabbit) is unwell or if I have any health concerns about him/her I will seek prompt Veterinary attention. I understand that Rabbits are prey animals and that they hide signs of pain/illness.So even if (name of Rabbit) just appears to be a bit 'off colour' I must consult a Vet. I am responsible for all Veterinary costs incurred whilst (name of Rabbit) is in my care. I can take out Healthcare Insurance in my name for (name of Rabbit) if I so choose

6 Should my circumstances change and I am unable to continue Longterm Fostering (name of Rabbit) I agree to return him/her to ( my details). I will not attempt to rehome or sell (name of Rabbit)

7 I agree to a follow-up check one month after adopting (name of Rabbit) and further checks every three months there-after. Dates and times to be arranged by mutual agreement.

8 I know that I can contact (my details) at any time if I need any help or advice with the care of (name of Rabbit)

ETA 9 I understand that if any of the terms set out in this agreement are broken by me (name of Rabbit) will be taken back by (my details)

10 I am over 18 years of age and I am responsible for all of (name of Rabbit) care and ensuring that all terms set out in this agreement are adhered to.

Last edited:
Could you include the following?

I reserve the right to take rabbit/s back if the above conditions are in anyway broken

You the Adopter are aged 18 or over and understand that by signing this form it is you who is responsible for the rabbit/s care

Could you include the following?

I reserve the right to take rabbit/s back if the above conditions are in anyway broken

You the Adopter are aged 18 or over and understand that by signing this form it is you who is responsible for the rabbit/s care

Thanks, added those now :)

No. 7 is a bit stalker like :shock::shock:

i think they should agree to random unannounced checks not every 3 months thats more invasive than a landlord :shock:

and the micro chipping maybe they could agree to get it done themselves as it costs £7 to get details amended once they have been put on the system

Number 7 sounds like an awful lot of work for you depending on how many buns you are intending to rehome. Perhaps something a little more open ended to help you - 'I agree to a follow-up check one month after adopting (name of Rabbit) and further checks at regular intervals. Dates and times to be arranged by mutual agreement.'
Personally I love it when Chloe from Fat Fluffs comes round to see the buns we got from her - however some might see it as a bit much?

I am willing to be flexible on the precise accomodation measurements depending on if Bun is indoors/outdoors, has free range time etc.

I am not prepared to compromise on the follow up checks though. If an adopter does not feel OK about it then they dont get one of my Buns !! ;)

Re the micro-chipping, I want the details to remain in my name

:wave:

Last edited:
I am willing to be flexible on the precise accomodation measurements depending on if Bun is indoors/outdoors, has free range time etc.

I am not prepared to compromise on the follow up checks though. If an adoptee does not feel OK about it then they dont get one of my Buns !! ;)

Re the micro-chipping, I want the details to remain in my name

:wave:

fair enough.. it would be too much for me, i like thinkin that the bun is MY family not a rented member but im sure others would be happy for your rules.

good luck :wave:

I agree with Donnamt, we all love our bunnies and this all just feels a bit threatening.:oops: Most people go to a rescue to give a home for life. Good luck :wave:

I agree with Donnamt, we all love our bunnies and this all just feels a bit threatening.:oops: Most people go to a rescue to give a home for life. Good luck :wave:

I am not a Rescue and if people dont like my terms I will keep the Buns as they are now- ie my Pets :)

I am not a Rescue and if people dont like my terms I will keep the Buns as they are now- ie my Pets :)

hehe i did think that they was a tad harsh for a reason :D

i had a landlady once who used to let herself in to the house.... i think she was too attached to the house in the same way as you with the buns, maybe adoption isnt they way you should go hun.. keep them :love::love:

you should deffo show anyone who has an interest in your buns the adoption terms before a house check is carried out.. that way neither of you will be disappointed in the long run..

You could go down the route of not rehoming them but putting them in permanant foster care, thereby you will have total control over them and that seems to be what you aiming for?

So a new home wouldn't be adopting them but fostering them, I do believe that some rescues use this as standard, might be worth checking out

I think you should just keep them!

I'm no good at fostering because I just won't rehome them.....unless it's to people I know. I've exhausted family and friends now though so not sure what will happen....:shock:

The RSPCA I work with have a bit in their contract about how if the animal escapes you will do everything within your means to find that animals.

I like the look of it though :) I would find it very hard to let any of my pets go, so can see why you are being so strict.

Thinking about it, the RSPCA I work with are not specific about post adoption visits, and they can basically have them at any point if they have the animal (obviously not a turn up spot check, but be prepared that they could be called at any point).

fair enough.. it would be too much for me, i like thinkin that the bun is MY family not a rented member but im sure others would be happy for your rules.

good luck :wave:

I have to agree, I am quite happy for the rescues involved to come and check on my bunnies if they feel the need but if every 3 month was specified in the adoption forms I would never have agreed to the adoption....it's a huge invasion of my privacy which I just could not cope with.

I mean is that every 3 month for life?

ETA: I think the permenant fostering sounds much more appropriate for the level of control & contact you want to maintain with the rabbits.

Last edited:
Back