• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frail little dandelion...... any tips on putting weight on her

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
This is dandelion
babyguineapigs012.jpg

she has had such a horrid start in her life,:cry: she came to me because her owners could not find her a home so were going to let their birds of prey deal with her:censored: she was then rescued and bought into me,
her teeth were so bad that on clipping them they fell out:shock: because there was an abscess behind one of the teeth, which has now been treated, she was emaciated on arrival and we are still struggling to get weight on her, she now weighs. 1.1 kg.

she is such a friendly little bunny considering what she,s been through,:love::love: :love:

im so desperate to help her put weight on...... any tips:D:D:D

She's a pretty little thing.
We're trying to keep the weight on Squidgy at the moment. Timothy hay, and oxbow critical care. Porridge is also good for putting weight on.

She is pretty :love::love:Dried porridge oats are very good for weight gain and Excel junior and dwarf pellets are good too

I have a foster bun called Dandelion who struggles to obtain weight :? I give her Dried Hobnob Biscuits :) Just 1 a day :) It might help xXx

Go Dandelion!

What a little treasure!! I just don't know how people can be so ,,,,,, grrrr!!!!:evil:

So glad she has found you and we all send her lots of love. I have a stray who I am struggling to put weight on - it's taken a month and he's put on 20 grams so he's getting there. I feed him three or four times a day with veg and a small handful of pellets and TONS of hay. Will try some porridge oats.

Let us know how she gets on :love:

If she's got no teefs, I'd give her porridge oats soaked in cooled boiled water (just warm). Then they are softer for her to process and wont swell up in her tum. She is gorgeous, but oh so thin:shock:. I want to snuggle her! :love::love::love::love::love:

Oh bless her :cry:
She is beautiful and you can tell her weight :(
How long have you had her now?
Porridge is known for putting weight on buns :)
What pellets is she on?

Sorry, don't have any weight tips for her, just wanted to wish her a speedy recovery and good for you for taking her in!:wave:

Oh bless her! I heard a small piece of banana is good for weight gain? Or porridge.

She's so cute - please give her a kiss from me :love:

Oh and do you have the previous owners' address so I can go round and give them a bloody SLAP!

I'm a bunny mad vet nurse!
I've found ready brek mixed with supreme recovery excellent for building up poorly buns. It can be syringe fed if necessary but most will lap it up! :D

Porriage oats in warm water, not dry or she might bloat up :shock:

She is beautiful.

How old is she? Are you keeping her or will she up for adoption?

Rabswood

Porridge oats and Barley rings bless her

Yes, I've wondered once or twice whether barley rings would be a good food for putting weight on rabbits. Obviously in their usual state they're pretty hard, so not suitable for toothless bunnies, but (like oats) they could be softened in warm water, or a bit of apple or pineapple juice.

porridge oats

A lovely vet nurse in Germany would soak oats with a little chamomile or peppermint tea.

Also, when I juice veg, I give a little (perhaps water down a bit as quite coincetrated) to my buns who luuuuurve it. A good way to get veggies in her without the chew aspect. :wave:

Back