• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science selective mature

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
I bought a trial size at the rabbit expo..my buns love it! Have just ordered some more, shame they don't do it in big bags 2kg is the largest I think, it smells really nice and my buns goes even crazier for it than they do normal SS.

Anyone else tried it/use it?

I tried it as 7 year old Totti qualified for it although Spike and Kiki didn't. They loved it but I've reverted back to normal SS blaming their ages but really it's becasue it's more cost effective :oops:

Yep, I have a couple of Buns on it and they love it !!

I could never afford to feed it to all of my lot though :shock:

What age would you class as mature? my buns are 2 years plus... oldest being 4 in march. wouldnt mind trying them on it.

I think it says 6+ on the pack. But looking at the ingredients and nutrition information in my unqualified non-expert opinion I'd say it looks pretty good for all healthy adult bunnies :)

As Jane says though, at that price, mine are sticking with regular SS for now :lol: If they bring it out in a sack I might consider it as all mine are 5+ now.

You're both right :lol:

Supreme science Selective Mature Rabbit is formulated for the changing nutritional requirements of rabbits aged 4 to 6 years plus.

This is the packet and it says the age for mature and the content

ScienceSelectiveMaturex2.jpg

ScienceSelective037backofpackage.jpg

Do you think it would be safe to mix some with their normal SS? I'm currently mixing herb and fibre with it at the moment for varity:lol:

My rabs love the mature. Science are doing it as a trial to see how popular it is before doing larger bags. If you like it, then I think it's worth writing/e-mailing them to tell them that you need it in the larger sack.

I am only giving it to my real oldies. They love the thyme flavour.

Weird I think how buns love the strong flavours like thyme, fenugreek and the like.:?

Back