• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*might* be looking for older dominant male rabbit

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Just putting feelers out ATM...but my Smokey is on her own since her daughter Abby moved indoors due to illness. She is medium size and approximately 6 to 7 years old.

Smokey has a very dominant personality and will 'box' and nip other rabbits if she is allowed to get away with it. However she has lived with a dominant male rabbit in the past and was very submissive to him (he acted as peacemaker between her and Abby).

I think an adult buck around 5 years old (or over), and medium to large size would be best.

So...do any rescues have potential partner for her?

There is a 9 year old bunny called Roger in a royston rescue who is very dominating and lost his partner a while back, I think he is listed on RR. Not sure what her policies are on rehoming outside the area though. He is a very pretty boy :)

Yep, I rang up about him as a possible partner to summer. He is very friendly with people but also very dominant and needs to be in an area with no other rabbits around or he will become aggressive so I don't know if that is possible with your set ups. It was obviously no good for us so we ended up bringing the lovely Moses home :love:

Do you mean he gets referred aggression towards his partner when other rabbits are around? or do you mean he just hates all rabbits?

This might present a problem to us because I usually have between 15 and 20 buns here. I could definitely keep them separate in summer, but Smokey needs to be in the garage with other buns in winter because she has respiratory problems :(

How about Bing?..or Clegg..not too old but handy!

or if she fancies two husbuns we have the gorgeous Dylan and Derek:love:

Back