• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you store all the things for your rabbits? (outside buns)

up til now ive been keeping all the food/hay etc in the shed with the rabbits, but i wont be able to with the new hutch. i havent got a store/shed/garage to keep things in now and ideally would like them to be near the hutch so i dont have to lug loads of things round everytime i go in to sort them.
where do you keep all your hay to keep it fresh and not manky?

I store most of my stuff in the garage, but keep hay and pellets in jumbo storage bins (from most DIY stores) by the hutches for easy access :)

I keep pellets in the house, for a couple of reasons

1. Keeping feed in damp conditions can lead to the growth of dangerous moulds

and 2. To prevent vermin infestation...rats can chew through normal plasic feed containers, so you'd need the vermin proof sort sold for storing horse feed.

I have a separate very small playhouse for storage. It does have a double decker hutch in there that I don't use as well.

I somehow gained an extra wheelie bin and keep my hay & straw inside it right next to the hutches. :)

Keep pellets under the carport and the hay is stored in the garage along with the carrots, but that was because when they were in the carport the weather froze them!

I use my brown recycling wheelie bin to keep a bale of hay in and the shavings either go in there too or on the shelf I put up in one half of the kennel. The pellets are kept in the house. The hay bale has stayed lovely and fresh for months as I only have two bunnies.

p.s. I sneak my recycling into the neighbour's bins on collection day. ;)

Right now I have both the hay, pellets, and some shavings and newspaper indoors but usually they're in the garage or outdoors in buckets or bins.

In my shed, I have a shed to myself just for pet supplies! :lol: The pellets are in tubs but with 7 cats out and about most days can't see me having a problem with rats/mice.

Ive got an understairs cupboard with all the rabbit stuff in and a larder next to the sink with all the dog and cat stuff. :wave:

I keep the hay in a duvet cover in the garage, along with the readigrass.
The boxed hay, pellets, newspaper,cleaning stuff is kept in the utility.

pellets are indoors to keep them dry etc, hay, straw and other sundries are in huge plastic sacks closed over in the coal bunker by the house. have to trek up and down the garden to the shed but it keeps it all clean, dry and tidy. i used to have mice around but not since i brought the pellets inside. I reckon those storage things in the first few posts are the answer!

Ive got a spare rabbit hutch with a hinged top which i keep my hay, newspapers, pellets and veg in. Keep my megazorb and straw in the shed. Hutch is too small to house a rabbit full time but it does mean its there incase of an emergency, and its small enough to bring indoors if anyone gets poorly.

I keep the pellets in a plastic storage tub in the house. We have a little cupboard just inside the front door... so theyre out the way in there :)

I keep the hay, straw, newspapers down the shed :) Theyre actually in Ronnies shed which is insulated well so never get damp :) Dont know what i will do when Ronnie moves into his shed :? xXx

Back