• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wonky bunster

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Thumper came to us a couple of years ago aged about 6 or 7years old. Yesterday he was up and running round the garden but when it came to dinner time I noticed his head was tilted slightly to the left and he was a bit wobbly when jostled by the others. We went to see Rebecca today and she's thinking he may be an EC bun or have a middle ear infection so he is on a months course of panacur, baytril and metacam and we'll see how he goes.

I put him back out with the others when we got home and all the others were sheltering inside from the snow but he hopped straight outside to see what was going on - he wasn't out there too long! Bit cold on the tootsies!!

CIMG0043.jpg

He is gorgeous:D

Did Rebecca say anything about quarantining him or would it be a case of bolting the door after the horse....etc..?

I wonder what can be done in situations like this with big groups as with a bonded pair both would be panacured:?

Hope it turns out to be inner ear and quickly rights itself x

Definately a case of after the horse ..... I'd say there is a high risk that they have all been exposed to EC at some point but this is the first time we have seen any possible out workings of it. They were due their 6monthly 9day course in April anyway so we'll just start early and keep going!

I'm now thinking of you rounding them all up like a rancher and having them in a line with their tongues sticking out! :lol:

honeybunny said:
I'm now thinking of you rounding them all up like a rancher and having them in a line with their tongues sticking out!

Hmmmm - I wish!! :lol: More a case of rugby tackling and pinning down amid much objection!! :roll: :lol:

both of these images have made me laugh so much!:lol::lol:

Hope Thumper feels better soon!:love:

Hmmmm - I wish!! :lol: More a case of rugby tackling and pinning down amid much objection!! :roll: :lol:

Yup. I do it annually for 4 weeks. I hate December:lol:

Apart from one foster bun, any bun that has shown any symptoms that COULD be EC related, are in the group - Joey, Alfie, Sugar. Sugar & Alfie both got tested twice & were clear, but apparently that doesn't mean a lot:roll:

awww poor thumper. Hope it is just an ear infection. They've all been together for so long though that if one has it they all probably have it & have probably have had it for ages. Maybe the cold weather has made him feel a bit under the weather & brought it out?

Glad to hear he's doing ok today :) Was really relieved when I got your text :)

Have visions of you with a clipboard and tick list to make sure you get them all with the good old Panacur!! :lol: x

Back