• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding question

*Bex*

Mama Doe
I have Flopsy and new bun in the pen in my room for the next couple of days til i am happy they are totally bonded, so far so good, no agression and a tiny bit of grooming but he keeps stamping his foot real loud then he will chase her round and round the pen. Any idea why he does this?

There are probably many different reasons that buns stamp and chase when being bonded, without seeing the whole scenarios it is difficult to tell.Two more frequent reasons are that:

Buns will thump and chase if the other bun is not giving them the attention that they feel that they would want.

Othertimes it is that they thump and then chase to get the other bun to move away from the other one.

To me it sounds more like the first one, this usually will settle once more attention is made to the other bun.

A drop of mashed banana or apple sauce on each buns heads can encourage a form of grooming. Might be worth a try

Back