• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the price of dental ops.

Pet Insurance seldom covers any Dental treatment for Rabbits.

As to the cost it would depend on exactly what needed doing. A basic GA/Dental could be about £45-£70

More complex proceedures including Xrays could be £100-£150

But all Vets prices vary so I'd discuss Fees with the Vet you use :)

okay this may sound really stupuid but can a bun only have so many ops in it's life time, does that mean their time here is a bit more short lived than others. the reason i'm asking is that if i end up adopting a bun with dental i'm not sure if i could cope with the stress and worry each time it goes in for it.

okay this may sound really stupuid but can a bun only have so many ops in it's life time, does that mean their time here is a bit more short lived than others. the reason i'm asking is that if i end up adopting a bun with dental i'm not sure if i could cope with the stress and worry each time it goes in for it.

The continual GAs can be bad for buns - but some vets will do dentals without GAs:D

Bubbles had a dental on Monday and it was £60.13 to be exact. My brother's rabbit had a dental at a different vet last year that was more like £120 so it varies a lot.

I'm not sure about whether it's covered under insurance, but when I got an online quote with petplan it said there was a £50 excess plus it also costs £10 for my vet to fill in claim forms so I wouldn't actually have been able to claim any cost back for the op anyhow.

Back