• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Daisy being aggressive?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Daisy keeps 'digging' on my jumper, scrabbling away with her claws. She doesn't look like she's cross, she usually does it when sitting on my lap for cuddles, and I can't feel anything as it's cold in my house and i'm usually wearing a thick fleece jumper or jacket, but I wouldn't be impressed if she tried the same thing on my bare skin :shock:

Should I stop her doing it to avoid scratched torso problems in warmer months :roll:? Or is it not an aggressive thing?

She's sooo cute, I can't stop her from doing anything she wants to do - overly lax bunny parenting skills, probably raising a bunny brat :oops::lol:

Once spayed and her hormones have settled she should stop. In the mean time try giving her a box filled with hay or straw that she can dig in, or a blanket she can scrunch up.

She might be trying to dig her way out. When she gets bored of being on my lap she shows it by digging me (if I am on a chair rather than the floor where she just runs away). Generally though she digs all the time in her fleeces and hay boxes so it is pretty normal behavious for her.

I don't think it's related to hormones,rather the fact that digging is part of a rabbits natural behaviour,as well as chewing. Boris was neutered about a year ago and I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever,this is just something he does every now and then simply because his instincts are telling him to. There's no point in trying to stop him from doing it.

Thanks for advice!

I've got a spare, big litter tray, so I'll fill it with hay for her to dig in and I'll get her a blanket asap too.

She's such a good girlie and isn't at all impressed her mum's just called her a 'bunny brat' :lol:

Maybe it's just a fleece fetish on Daisy's part then? :lol:

It doesn't bother me at all as I can't feel anything through my jumper, and if it's just normal bunny behaviour and not aggressive I'm happy to just leave her to it.

Daisy did her first happy flop right near my feet this evening - she's a lovely girl really!!

Back