• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woo hoo look wat im getting

Are you having the hutches made bigger in your custom build, those seem to only work out at just over 3ft long each hutch :shock:

Gosh, I have never seen anything quite like that before. No wonder you're excited! How many rabbits do you think it could comfortably take? I'm just trying to work out how you would attach a run to it.

Just done a conversion (i@m no good with metrics) and in old money that would make each hutch 2ft x 3.5ft. That's small even if they had 2 levels using the ladder. It's a shame the hutches don't go along the back length which is 8ft long:(

Are you having the hutches made bigger in your custom build, those seem to only work out at just over 3ft long each hutch :shock:

yep thats wat im having customed i would like the hutches 12 ft
long each by 2ft
with 3 removable dividers so that when i have young hares they can (when seperated from mum) have a smaller hutch till thier bones are stronger and they dont skitter round too much im also getting a removeable fly screen put in.

Gosh, I have never seen anything quite like that before. No wonder you're excited! How many rabbits do you think it could comfortably take? I'm just trying to work out how you would attach a run to it.

My bunnys unfortantly dont go in runs as thier feet will stain they do get to run round the stables with tons of dry straw

A 12 foot hutch if used like that is a great idea, however using them as 4 foot ones for any bun with no regular access to a run to me is :cry: Sadly with a shed being 6 foot high, if you have 4 tiers the height of each cage will be about 15 - 16 inches high :cry:

I am not convinced that the bottom hutch is very accessible. I have a piggie shed which is very similiar in size and layout and I do try to avoid using the lower hutch in my 4 tier piggie hutches as the bottom layer is very hard to clean out. Mind is big enough for piggies but I do not believe rabbits would have any where near enough space.

the hutches will be 2ft high aswell as i want the hares to be able to stand up of course. when i have baby hares that come away from mum when thier in thier skitty stage they will be in the 4ft cage and when the mum has no kits she will be in the 8ft runs.

Back