• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rubbish.....??!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
What does everyone do with their bunny waste as i can only get so many bags in the Grey bin and have to keep going to the dump every 2 days as i dont want to attract mice (well in the summer anyway lol)

I wish the garden bin was allowed to be used for bunny waste :?

I know what you mean......I can't fit all of mine into my black bin every week, so I have to slog the rest to the tip. :roll: And it is annoying when my green garden waste bin is sitting right there empty!

Fortunately our neighbour has ours for composting! Thank god with 20 buns, otherwise I'd be at the tip everyday :shock: Apparently he's now bought a blender to make rabbit poo tea - as he's read on the internet it's great for growing veg! :shock: He also let's us have veggies off him for the bunnies as a swap :D

Fortunately our neighbour has ours for composting! Thank god with 20 buns, otherwise I'd be at the tip everyday :shock: Apparently he's now bought a blender to make rabbit poo tea - as he's read on the internet it's great for growing veg! :shock: He also let's us have veggies off him for the bunnies as a swap :D

Where do you get the compost bins as ive got enough room in the garden for one (depending on how big they are :? ) and would make my life so much easier :lol:
But is megazorb bio-degradable(sp)?

Bunny waste shouldn't attract mice as long as there is no food left in it and it's securely bagged. ATM I put all my bags of poop in an old shed, but I'm thinking of getting one of those plastic garden storage containers shaped like a bench to hide it in

I too wish you could put bunny/ piggy waste in the brown bin. Im up the dump every week with 5 black bags full. :roll: I was thinking of asking my local council to see what they think. I mean its only hay and woodshavings and pooh which would compost down anyway. I do have a compost bin but it is full after one cleaning out session :lol:

I too wish you could put bunny/ piggy waste in the brown bin. Im up the dump every week with 5 black bags full. :roll: I was thinking of asking my local council to see what they think. I mean its only hay and woodshavings and pooh which would compost down anyway. I do have a compost bin but it is full after one cleaning out session :lol:

hmmm, I have 3 big composters, and know what you mean

A lot of ours used to go into the compost bin - but it soon filled it up (added to layers of grass cuttings, kitchen waste, etc.) and so we bought another bin, and the same thing happened there. Luckily, every few weeks it has dropped enough to fit another few bags in, but we still end up with bags of the stuff left over. My uncle, who lives further along the street, sometimes takes a couple of bags for HIS compost bin, also... And there are times when it has to be put in the wheelie bin. We can't get to the tip - don't have a car. Really wish there was a recycle bin that'd take it, though.

I wish we were allowed to put our waste in a brown bin too, but its animal waste :roll: When hubby takes it down the tip it goes in the 'non recycables'(sp) And we are only allowed 2 bags a week. :shock: Luckily enough some attendents turn a blind eye.

I did compost it but all 3 of my composters are full. :roll: :lol:

We used to be able to put rabbit waste in our big green big, but our LA have suspended the green bin service now, unless you pay an additional £40:(

At the moment I'm going to the tip every 10 days or so, but I may just give in and reluctantly pay the £40.

I offered bags of bun waste to the allotment holders behind our house, but apparently there is too much clean bedding and not enough soiled stuff! :shock:

Where do you get the compost bins as ive got enough room in the garden for one (depending on how big they are :? ) and would make my life so much easier :lol:
A lot of local councils do discounted delivered to your door, compost bins. Alternatively you could always make one out of four posts for the corners & mesh/chicken wire wrapped round to make the sides & a bit of old carpet to go on top of the heat. Megazorb is a wood pulp base so it's compostable. Have you checked if you have a local freecycle group? You'd be surprised how popular rabbit waste is if you offer it on there for people to collect & compost it.

I think they should bring out a bin for people with animals that used alot and have alot of waste! Its rather unfair :?
It could be a Purple or Green bin (if there isnt already one :lol: )
If compost bins get full quickly i think i will just keep going to the dump :(:lol:

I think you can buy composting bins at any garden centre or such as Argos - I don't know about megazord though, as we use hay in our buns litter trays :D

I agree too - a bin for animals should be provided. You see my argument is I don't have kids, so I don't produce rubbish for kids - so should be able to have a bigger bin for rabbit poo!!! :D:lol:

We store them in the garage and go to the tip every week and we have so much waste from the kennel :censored:
Our green bin can't take much at all!

I have two brown bins which are for garden waste and we are allowed to put the bunny waste into the bins. I usually have one bin filled with garden stuff and the other is usually half full with bunny waste.

Our council refuse to take animal cleanings. :roll: I only discovered it when they started tearing holes in my bin bags and chucking the rabbit ones back all over my garden! :evil:

So I drive down the tip a couple of times a week with a car full of poop. ;)

HI, I have a compost bin which is already nearly full but between that and the odd bag here and there is the normal waste bin we are not having to do too many trips to the tip inbetween.

I got my compost bin from freecycle - it was free - but I was told that local councils want you to make compost so they do you a reduced price if you buy from them ... worth checking out if freecycle doesn't come up trumps!

Back