• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny just bit me!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Strawberry is having a run in the living room and he just ran up to me, jumped on my knee, nudged my arm then bit me!

It really hurt! How can I stop him from doing this? I yelled fairly loudly in suprise and put him down but I have noticed him nipping at blankets and things recently and I hope he isnt going to start being nasty. He is 4 months old and was neatured 3 weeks ago.

Strawberry is having a run in the living room and he just ran up to me, jumped on my knee, nudged my arm then bit me!

It really hurt! How can I stop him from doing this? I yelled fairly loudly in suprise and put him down but I have noticed him nipping at blankets and things recently and I hope he isnt going to start being nasty. He is 4 months old and was neatured 3 weeks ago.

firstly give him around 3 weeks more for his hormones to settle.. give hiim things to chew and do time out ie if he bites he gets put into the cage and shut in for around 10 mins then let back out again he is probebly just really excited.

He has loads of things to chew, just fancied taking a piece out of my arm as well! I think he was just excited, he has been running round and binkying all afternoon and is suprised to find me home during the day as im usually at work.

My other bunnies neauter really calmed him down but I have seen no change in Strawberry so far. I think he is just young so a bit playful still. Was hoping to bond them feb half term but if he hasnt calmed down then wont be able to!

Looking at his piccie in your sig, he looks like a cheeky monkey and very handsome! Hopefully it is teenage hijinks, and he will calm down when his hormones have settled.
Meanwhile, better break out the armour!

Maybe he ddin't realise it hurt you? My Batbunny used to nip and bite me to get my attention or to be affectionate (he'd give me the occasional bite whilst "grooming" my knee) but after hearing a load of shocked yelps he stopped doing it eventually, hopefully it's just hormones but make sure he knows how much it hurts you.

He is incredibly cheeky! He's a real character- into everything! He disappeared up our chimney earlier- we nearly had a heart attack only for him to reappear while I was fetching the torch black with soot and then rolled all over my cream rug!

Alfie used to nip sometimes when he was little - he would nudge me to move out of his way and then nip me when I ignored him. :shock::lol: I did exactly the same - a fairly loud 'eek' so he knew that it hurt (the eek tended to come naturally anyway because it did hurt :lol:) & it soon stopped.

My bun Jack nips me. Sometimes it seems like for no reason, other times I think he's simply annoyed and nips me to show that he is. Either way, its very irriating and sometimes painful! I'm hoping when he gets neutered he'll quit.

Back