• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vet in Nottingham

H Maughan

Mama Doe
I'm expecting to get my rabbit castrated within the next few weeks as he's beginning to get a little amarous! I live within a short bus ride of the city centre. I've looked at a few surgerys online but i wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations?
Helen xx

There are a couple in the city centre and just wanted to know if anyone had used any of them before?
Helen xx

Steer clear of the one on castle road (cant remember the name - maybe castle vets?). I'm pretty sure they accidentally killed my hamster...:cry:

I'm out more into nottighamshire than the city so I havent used any vets over there either i'm afraid. The Vets to Pets at Gamston is supposed to be good, thats really not far from West Bridgford.

Gamston vets 4 pets are great, Annie and Rachel are good with rabbits... easy to get to on a bus I believe.
the only good vet I know near town is Erica at Forest http://www.forestvetsurgery.co.uk - she used to be my vet til she moved away...
I'm in Chilwell/Beeston area, so know the ones round here, but they're probably a bit far out...

Look for a vet who is RCVS accredited and has exotic animals as the animals they treat.

Rabbits due to not being fully domesticated yet are classed as exotics.. as daft as that may be.. if someone has been to a vets and recommends it.. go there.. actual experience is worth more than and number of letters after a name.

Back