• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot Update-U/D Blood Test Results

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He has been pain free since last week's bad episodes :)
Today he is having some blood tests to see it they might give us any clues as to what is wrong.
I should get the results today.

xx

Last edited:
Good luck for today Jane.I really hope and prey that you get some answers on what is causing Dermots problems.

What a bwave boy Dermie was :love:

He had 2mls Blood taken from his jugular as he lay on my lap.
The samples are being sent off to the Vet Lab to obtain more detailed screening than can be done 'in house' and the results should be back by Monday.

They may show us nothing useful at all but I felt I had to try.

xx

What a brave boy.I really hope you get some joy with Dermots bloods.I feel the same as you Jane that you have to try anything to find an answer.

I'm sorry you are no further forward Jane.Aren't bunnies such complex little creatures.We need more vets to get involved with rabbits so we can get answers to these illnesses

Well it's good news then that his results are normal, but frustrating 'cos you can't pinpoint the problem.

Are there any other tests?

Back