• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i be worried ?

sarahjayne

Young Bun
hiya..

i had ginger my rabbit for about 3 months shes kept inside and is aloned too come and go out her cage when we are in..i felt she was lonely during the day and a mates rabbit had bunnys on xmas eve.. so i been too choose one tonight my new bunny is 7 weeks old..
i am keeping them in seprate cages at min till bonded..we had the new one in sitting room tonight and ginger came in ignored the new one at first but then.. came over too her and started rubbing her chin on the new bunny.. should i be worried ??
we since put new bunny back in they cage and ginger keep sticking her nose in and new one sticks her nose out then i think they both get a fright..

ginger has always been by herself but the new bunny was still with its mother and 3 of they siblings so used too other rabbits..

any advise on where i got from here ??

sarah x

I wouldn't worry. I've found that adult rabbits especially females are very tolerant of baby bunnies. Hopefully you will be able to put them together every few days and see how they get on.
It's advised you do get them both neutered for both health and better bonding reasons.
Helen xx

Rubbing her chin is what we call "chinning" alot of bunnies do this on new surrounding etc.

I wouldnt put them together, not until there both spayed/neutered.

:D

Back