• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch Question/ another question about dawson

Rose

Mama Doe
I know its too early and maybe this is tempting fate but i have been looking at this hutch for the buns in the summer (if they are bonded)

Originally i was looking at the hutch/run combo that most people have but i think this one would be better because of space as i only have a small amount of paved area. http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=71

But the run is only 18 inches high :? obviously they will have a run on the grass but is it ok. I'm think of getting the 6ft one.

Last edited:
Thank you.. there website is confusing though :lol:

Ring and speak to him, he is called John, he is lovely.

Gave us several quotes and told us all about the hutches..sadly i didnt order as we need sheds due to having big groups (in the near future) :D

Ring and speak to him, he is called John, he is lovely.

Gave us several quotes and told us all about the hutches..sadly i didnt order as we need sheds due to having big groups (in the near future) :D

Yeah i might contact them nearer to the time (i really dont want to tempt fate but i have their new house set up in my head :lol: :lol:)

Basically i want something like the happy hutch i posted but with padlocks.

My happy hutch run is only 18 inches too. :( I didn't realise until it was put together as I'd been focussing on all the other measurements. Luckily, both my bunnies are small though and they still have room to periscope without hitting the top of the run. :lol::lol: So, it depends on the size of your bunnies really. :)

If you have the money, Dawsons are supposed to be much sturdier.

I ordered a happy hutch one a couple of years ago and asked for them to make both the hutch and run 2ft which they did for me - might have been a little bit more but is worth asking if that's what you want.

Hannah

We have Dawson and Happy Hutches here for the boarders. We chose Dawsons for some new hutches and had 10 delivered a few weeks ago. John at Dawsons made us some last year and they still look as good as new, whereas the Happy hutches bowed, leaked and we've had to replace all the locks and hinges and do numerous repair jobs and they are only just a year old. He custom makes to your exact requirements too. He's made us a lovely 3ft high run too so the larger buns can periscope:D

John's having probs with his website. I have an email address for him (and phone number) if you want it/them. You can ask a question from his website, but he doesn't always receive them!. PM me if you want the info.

Bobbin

Back