• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

cecals

They are a different type of poo. It's full of nutrition and the rabbits eat them directly from their anus. It's good that you don't see them, as if they don't eat them and you see them lying around, it means something's wrong. They look like a bunch of grapes.

I see these now and then - especially when buns are having lot of exercise - what doe sthis mean could be wrong? Worried now:?

ones only a baby but the other is about 4
they have free range of house with a bowl of pellets, bowl of hay,and bowl of greens!!!
they seem to eat more of the greens than anything else!!
but like to make sure there is plenty for them!!

am i doing wrong??
dont want to make them ill!!

Maybe cut down the pellets to an eggcupful. The baby may need to be given more. What breed is it? Also, give them as much hay as they want. They should have access to hay 24/7. Hay is the most important part, much more important than veggies. :)

they are both lops!!
not sure what sort but ears hang down their heads!!
they dont tend to eat a lot of hay!!
is there any way i can get them to increase this??
without me feeling im starving them??
lol

Try different types of hay. Buy a sample pack from the hay experts as you can test which one they like before buying a big bag. Main thing, reduce the pellets, up the hay. :)

have spent a couple of hours with the buns in the living room and it seems that it is only the young bun marble that is not eating his cecal!!

socks the older one seems fine but then it is mainly marble that eats all the veggies!!!

Back