• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding and litter box...

I have a shed with attached run for my rabbits (to set the scene).

I have line on the base of the shed (for eas of cleaning). Half of the shed has vet bed down on it, the other half has newspaper with hay on time (lots for them to cosy down in at this time of year). In their litter trays I used megazorb (doubt you can get this your side of the atlantic, but it's a bit like carefresh - but designed for horses so much much cheaper!) again topped with hay.

Hannah

Yesterdays News is really good. Get the cat one though, it's the same as the rabbit, just less expensive. Topped off with some hay for munching, it's great. If your bunny isn't a digger, it is really economical to use aspen shavings,no pine or cedar though.

i use hay for bedding and i have corner litter tray with wooden pellets in it (you can get a huge bag for £8 in P@H)

I use newspaper and hay in their litter trays, which are changed daily.
In their bedding areas (shelves in shed) they have carpet covered with straw and hay.

For the indoor bunnies, they have vet bed and fleece down for bedding, and newspaper and hay in the litter trays

For the outdoor bunnies, their cages are all lined with newspaper, then they bed on straw and hay, the litter trays i also use newspaper and hay in :)

xXx

Back