• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a question for rescues.

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
say i wanted to get my two girls husbuns in the summer, do you's advice people on what bun would suit your current buns personality? does personality play a big part in it?
so for instance ted is really strong willed and tends to like being left alone, she wouldn't groom me or anything that isn't herself, what sort of bun personality would suit her? or does it not really matter?

Yes, it really does matter, that's why we do bondings on site and we match the bunnies,

it all depends to be honest ive learnt not to assume the correct bun to suit yours as they can act totally differant at a new home than in a rescue, personality does play a small part in it and a rescue will tell you which ones are awkard, and sometimes it can take a few differant buns to find the perfect one for yours, but rescues can take the stress out for you by doing the bondings :D

okay, will really have to take a run up to the rescue centre over here, they don't mention that they bond you see and thats why i worried, really want to find the perfect buns for them plus a bun that i will like too.

i think being able to gauge his reaction to otehr rabbits is a must but some bunnys are deffinatly easier to bond than others... you could take a gamble adn rescue a bun but if it doesnt work take back and try another??x

after alvins first failed bonding Lou at hopper haven knew most of her girlies wouldnt suit Alvin :oops: but that Pearl was his perfect wifebun even tho she was still too young to be adopted....well worth the wait i think :love:

easy said than done bunlover never mind the rescue centre being 50 miles away but i wouldn't want to get attached either lol, i'm weak hearted :lol:

Not all rescues offer bonding unfortunately, but it is great if you can find one that can :)

I think some of them give you the opportunity to choose a few bunnys and then try them with your bunny in order of preference, if you have one

Back