• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Rosie was speyed yesterday(2pm!).....she is at present upstairs in my bedroom in my spare dog crate.

Shes pooing well but hasn't eaten a great deal since she came home yesterday evening.

I think shes missing her partner Buster and I know hes missing her.....usually shes an outdoor bunny ....Now opinions please....should I bring Buster indoors to be with her?

It would obviously be harder to monitor what shes eating if hes with her and likewise hard to monitor poos but I think she might be more at ease with him there....:?

i wouldnt worry, when peanut got spayed, she didnt eat for 2 days but she was fine. If it was me, id give it another day.

i wouldnt worry, when peanut got spayed, she didnt eat for 2 days but she was fine. If it was me, id give it another day.

another day on her own?

Just to add usually I would have a post spey outdoor bunny indoors overnight then let them go outside again the next day .

Last edited:
I think you did the right thing by bringing him in. ;) Alfie pined for Bubbles when she was at the vets for a dental and I'm sure she recovered much more quickly by being with him as soon as she came home.

Just keep an eye on them - I had to split Alfie and Bubbles two days after her spay because he started chasing her. I think she was just off colour (understandably) and wasn't willing to groom him like she usually would and he took offence. Silly boy. :roll: Plenty of people have no problems after an op but it's just something to be aware of. ;)

Theyve been all snuggled up together,bless them,shes still only eating small amounts so I'm just giving her little and often for today otherwise Buster will just wolf down whatever is left!

I think I'll keep them in until after her check at the vets tomorrow afternoon and all being well they can go back outside.

my vets dont allow partners to go with them and say keep them apart at least overnight but bless her she was missing him!

Last edited:
Back