• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your buns?

Are most of your buns rescued? There are petshops that sell some buns here and I don't know how to locate a local or near by rescue shelter. Any ides?

one of mine is a pet shop bunny, three are rescues & I foster too.
If you are in the UK then hurricain honey's link is the one to use. If you are outside the UK it will be harder but there are rescues around if you search the internet.

The thing about a rescue rabbit is you will get more idea of it's character, it will more than likely be neutered and vaccinated and will be health checked - saving you money and potential heartache compared to a petshop bunny. Many rabbits in rescue are young, often a specific breed and the only thing wrong with them is the kid they were bought for got bored so they were dumped after the Easter novelty value wore off.

Have you thought of looking at your local rescues that do all animals, not just rabbits? That's where I got Dulcie from (Frank arrived here when his owner died so is technically a private rescue by me as he either came here or was left die of neglect). If you give a rough area of your location, I'm sure people here can help you with local rescues they know of.

Ted and foofoo are rescue buns :) Archie I got from a home where he was neglected so he was rescued by me but not from a rescue. Mowgli and fudge are from pets at home adoption, both to be neutered then re homed though.

Where are you?

Marsha is a pet shop bunny.. but she was my first as an adult...
Casper is a rescue from Barc
Annabelle is a rescue from honeybunnies
Henrey is a rescue from honeybunnies
Bailey is a rescue from Sues Rescue
Alyssa is from the PAH charitable trust x

I may be wrong but from some of the terminology used I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is somewhere in North America :)

Toffee was the classic impulse buy :roll:
Ghost, a fellow member of RU rescued from an acute neglect case and i rehabillitated.
Pickle is a rescue from Starlight's.

Where are you?

Marsha is a pet shop bunny.. but she was my first as an adult...
Casper is a rescue from Barc
Annabelle is a rescue from honeybunnies
Henrey is a rescue from honeybunnies
Bailey is a rescue from Sues Rescue
Alyssa is from the PAH charitable trust x

I'm in Cape Girardeau Missouri... :)

7 from rescue centres
1 came to me via someone who knows I have rescue rabbits (they didn't want their bun anymore)
2 from free ads (news paper - someone giving their buns away free to good home)

I would never buy from a pet shop or a breeder

Rabswood

:oops: mine are from breeders, but we only have one rabbit rescue and it's 50 miles away but my next rabbit will deffo be from a rescue.

i had pebble given to me. she was neglected. so i took her.

Edit: i didnt steal her!! :lol:

Mine are rescues. Volunteering at a rabbit rescue doesn't help:lol:

I also work at a dog/cat rehoming centre which explains why I also have 3 dogs:lol:

Hi:wave: I'm from Missouri! I live in England now though. Get in touch with the Missouri House Rabbit Society. They would probably know or be able to help you with finding a rescue. Their web address is http://www.hrsmostl.com/ Check on www.petfinder.com too. Just type in your location and it will come up with available bunnies in your area. I think you can also do it with rescue groups and find ones near you.:)

Back