• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot Water Bottles

GBNI

Warren Scout
The temperature has dropped considerably over here the last few days, although no snow as yet.

My lionhead lives outside, his 'bed' part of his hutch is topped full of straw and he has a mixture of sawdust and straw in the front (he pulls some of the straw out of his bed into the front. The front mesh part of the hutch as got a perspex cover which goes up about 4 inches, so no draft coming in along the bottom and I pull down tarpaulin at night which seems to keep it cosy as even in the coldest weather, his water bottle doesn't freeze.

Thing is he seems to spend most of his time chilling out the front instead of going into the deep bed I have provided! I went to buy him a Snugglesafe tonight, but there were none in stock. They only had a kitten heat pad, but it had ribbons etc hanging off it.

I was going to order a Snugglesafe online, but as it will need to be delivered, can I use a hot water bottle in a cover and then wrapped in a towel or would it be too risky?

Personally i wouldn't give mine a hot water bottle as i know they are really bad chewers and would probably end up scalding themselves by biting through it!
Do you have an old duvet or blanket that you could throw over the hutch in this really cold weather? Mine have a duvet then tarpauling over the top to keep it dry :D

He's not much of a chewer actually, he's quite content to munch his ad lib hay :) I have no extra quilts but I'll maybe have a look in Primark this evening.

Forgot to mention he also has a towel in his hutch.

He's not much of a chewer actually, he's quite content to munch his ad lib hay :) I have no extra quilts but I'll maybe have a look in Primark this evening.

Forgot to mention he also has a towel in his hutch.

You could always put a towel on a radiator to warm it up. I use microwavable bunnys for mine and put them under a blanket.

Back