• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing for bonding..how does this sound?

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
Just so I know I am along the right lines!

Lily and Paddy are going away for bonding, so I can neutralize the house properly..

so basically I have ordered them a new 48" crate to share and am gona get new litter trays, toys, bowls and bottles and a bed so everythings brand new and not marked in any scent.

also while theyre away I am white vinigaring the kitchen floor, cupboards and doors etc in the room as thats where they'll be based.

in the lounge I am rug doctoring the carpet..i was going to add some vinigar to the shampoo :oops: wasnt sure if this'd work.

i also heard that bicarbonate of soda works well if its put on the carpet/sofa cushions and left for a while then vacced off?

this is my plan for while theyre away anyway.

then when theyre home i am going to confine them to the kitchen until the pecking order has been sorted. in their crate with a pen around it so theyve got some room.

any tips on how else i can prepare?

thank you!

It all sounds like your a great bunny mummy! I'm sure they will be fine together. Lots of positive bonding energy needed when they come home so try to be really chilled when they get back.
I can't wait to see the pics of the lovely couple - how many days left till bonding day?

just useing bicarbonate of soda on your carpet leave for half an hour and hoover up is enough :D

just useing bicarbonate of soda on your carpet leave for half an hour and hoover up is enough :D

ah thats great :)

thank you shel!

i am HOPING that what you told me the other day is right too..about lily not misbehaving any more than usual since paddys been around!

17 days I'm hoping! sending all the forms off tomorrow! :D

Back