• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do about flopsy?

*Bex*

Mama Doe
I don't know if it is too early to even be asking this question, but Rory is my first bun to go to the bridge so i've never done this before :cry:
I know i need to get her another friend, how long do i wait?
She knows he has gone, she seems ok just a bit quiet, but is eating well etc.
I have her inside with me at the moment for loves and attention but she will have to go back in the shed later, it will break my heart seeing her alone, i don't want her to be frightened without him
Is it a good idea to take her to the vet to get checked over, just in case?
Im planning on giving Emily the vet a call when i can talk properly to let her know whats happened as she tried so hard for him yesterday :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you must feel hun.

I'm no expert but I think that it probably wouldn't hurt to look for a new friend for Flopsy, because its obviously going to feel strange for her to be on her own after having a companion.

I know it wont ever replace Rory but it might help :(

xxxx

never been thro this myself but if i lost either Alvin or Pearl i would try for a new bonding ASAP, if she accepts a new mate then she will cheer up quicker and if she dont at least you will know that shes not ready to move on...

:cry::cry:

I'm not sure what to do about Sophie either :? I don't think there's a certain amount of time that's right for every rabbit though so you just have to go by how your bunny seems to be coping. I think I'm going to start looking for a new friend for Soph sometime this week :)

I guess i should start looking by the weekend..
Just worried about her getting lonely out in the bunny shed, she had Rory since she was 4 months old so she hasn't known any different than having a friend.
Just don't want to go looking too soon, or leave it too long

I guess i should start looking by the weekend..
Just worried about her getting lonely out in the bunny shed, she had Rory since she was 4 months old so she hasn't known any different than having a friend.
Just don't want to go looking too soon, or leave it too long

awwww hun :cry::cry::cry: she will let you know if its too soon im sure of it...he may be the only one shell ever love or she may take a new husbun straight away..

if its too soon for you im sure she will understand that too....

Flopsy will be ok hun whatever you decide only you know how shes taking this loss and as her mummy youll do the best thing for her :love:

Aww, im sorry for your loss, hope rory is ok .

fatfluffs.com have got some lovely rabbits that need a new home!

So sorry about Rory :(

I always try to bond asap if I can. Bunny Burrows are in Richmond, North Yorkshire and they always have lots of bunnies in.

My gut reaction would be to bond again ASAP which I know muct be a hard choice due to your grief over Rory.

Big hugs hunnie x x

Back