• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A silly concern but............

Toadie

Alpha Buck
I am taking Frodo to the vet today at two o'clock for his jabs and a check up but am slightly worried about the fact he is a house bun and how cold it is outside :oops: I shall put an old towel in the bottom of his carrier, will this be o.k? I am also worried about him stressing as it will be his first 'outing' so to speak, but will involve waiting for Taxis, both indoors and out so am thinking maybe it would be a good idea to somehow cover the door to his carrier up?. Also, would it be a good idea to put a carrot or something in his carrier to try and keep him occupied and happy?.
Sorry about these silly questions, my H does quite often have to remind me that Frodo is not a baby :lol:

I think that he would be fine with just a towel in the bottom-as long as you are not going to be outside with hime for hours.

I sometimes put a carrot or pellets in the carrier with mine but they don't usually eat anything until they are home

Good Luck today though! xx

i used to worry about my bunny being cold but then i thought about it ( my partner challenged me a lot as well!)

think that our bunnies have their lovely winter coat now he is going to be fine!

don't worry I am often asking the same question when I have to!
I fear the wind more than anything else. I use old polar blankets (the one at 1£ at ikea) to put in and use one to cover the kennel when it is windy and cold.
cecile

I'd put something nice and fleecy in the carrier for him to snuggle in. Bunnies do love ultra comfortable beds! ;)

I don't think there's any need to cover the carrier though, as long as you're not outside for a long time.

It's heat that buns really can't cope with. Cold is usually ok unless its extreme, but you won't be outside for long stretches of time so I think he'll be fine.

Back