• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Website for all animals(Rabbits To)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RCH for Products

TOP FAVORITES
SALE CENTER
NEW PRODUCTS
DRS. CHOICE ITEMS
CLEARANCE PRODUCTS
Ferret Store
SMALL PET CATEGORIES
Bedding & Litter
Cages
Habitats
Dishes, Feeders
& Waterers
Gift Certificates
Foods
Gift Ideas
Grooming
Hay & Grass
Healthcare
Litter Boxes
Sanitation Products
Sleepers & Hideouts
Toys
Travel & Outdoors
Treats

Customer Service Help Desk
1-800-381-7179

CLICK BELOW FOR
FEATURED ITEMS

20% OFF

ASPEN BEDDING

SAVE up to $25.00
SMALL PET CAGES

Kaytee Fiesta Rabbit Diet
As low as $4.59

POPULAR PRODUCTS
Small Pet Cages
Silent Spinner
WARE Premium+ Rabbit Hutches
Aspen Bedding for Small Pets
Small Pet Playpen with Mat/Cover
Oxbow Diets
Oxbow Hay & Grass
Oxbow Timothy Hay Cage Accessories
Vitakraft Slim Sticks & Pretzels
Ferret Store Superior Choice Original Ferret Diet
NEW ITEMS
Oxbow Timothy Hay 25 lb bags - stock up and SAVE!
Small Pet "salads" are healthy & nutritious
Rat/Chinchilla Cage
Crunchy Parsley Rolls promote dental health
Log Cabin Style small pet hideout
Multi-level ferret cage fits neatly in corners
Digging Tower filled with foraging fun!
Keep messes where they belong
NEW Edible Treat Ball
Bite-sized treats your small pet can nibble and chew
10 INCREDIBLE DEALS
FREE Oxbow Hay w/Bungalow purchase
SAVE up to $25 - Small Pet Cages
25% OFF - Fresh World Bedding
SAVE up to 15% - Oxbow Timothy Club Cage Accessories
SAVE 15% - Fiesta Diets
20% OFF - Aspen Bedding
10% OFF - Vitakraft Yogurt Drops for Small Animals
20% OFF - Peter's Rabbit Salad Bowl
SAVE $20 - Mini Mansion Cage
Clearance

TOP STORIES
SYRIAN HAMSTER PROFILE
Have you ever thought
about getting a hamster
for a pet?
Read more

EXPERT TIP
Here are tips on how to select the right rabbit for you.
Read more
MEDICAL LIBRARY
Learn the dangers of mercury poisoning and what to do if your pet ingests it.
Read more
ACTIVITY HUT
Fun activities for small pet lovers!
Read more

ARTICLE LIBRARY

ACTIVITY HUT
(25 articles)

CHINCHILLAS
(44 articles)

GERBILS
(47 articles)

GUINEA PIGS
(54 articles)

HAMSTERS
(48 articles)

HEDGEHOGS
(34 articles)

RABBITS
(60 articles)

RATS & MICE
(48 articles)

SMALL PET FUN FACTS
(11 articles)

SMALL PET PROFILES
(12 articles)

SMALL PET SAFETY
(8 articles)

SUGAR GLIDERS
(31 articles)

Small pet supplies, hamster supplies from Drs. Foster & Smith include a variety of pet cages, carriers, litter, food, travel-safe accessories & small animal products for any size Hamsters, Rabbits, Chinchillas, Sugar Gliders, Rats, Gerbils, Mice, or Guinea Pigs.

FREE Email Newsletters - Sign up for pet care tips & secret sale alerts:
CUSTOMER SERVICE - HELP
1-800-381-7179
TRACK YOUR ORDER
ABOUT US
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS
SHARE YOUR STORY
BUSINESS PARTNER PROGRAM
CATERED PET® SERVICE
BECOME AN AFFILIATE
GIFT CERTIFICATES
POPULAR SEARCHES
AWARDS & HONORS
Visit our other websites:

Live Help | Visit our Retail Store | Tell a Friend | Employment | Link to Us | Site Map | FREE Catalogs

Pet Products for every pet: Dog Supplies | Cat Supplies | Horse Supplies | Fish & Aquarium Supplies | Bird Supplies
Reptile Supplies | Small Pet Supplies | Pond & Backyard Supplies | Wild Bird Supplies | Pet Pharmacy | Pet Care Articles | Video Center
Copyright © 1997-2009, Foster & Smith, Inc. - 2253 Air Park Road, P.O. Box 100 Rhinelander, Wisconsin 54501 All rights reserved. Read our Terms of Use & Reprint Policy here. See our privacy policy here.

Scientifically formulated!
articles
about Healthcare

Making a First Aid Kit

10 Tips to Help Ensure Eye Health

Guinea Pigs and Vitamin C

8 In 1 UltraCare Rabbit & Guinea Pig Skin & Coat Supplement
* High potency skin and coat supplement for your rabbit or guinea pig
* Helps ensure proper nutrients for your small pet's skin and coat
* Simply add to daily meal

Give your rabbit or guinea pig the sleek coat and healthy skin he deserves. UltraCare provides vital nutrients for healthy skin and coat for your rabbit or guinea pig. Supplies 6 important vitamins essential for your small pet's skin and coat health. Includes skin-enriching biotin and essential fatty acids, also important for skin and coat health. Supplementing with UltraCare is helpful for rabbits or guinea pigs who may not get all the nutrients they need in their regular diet. May be offered in daily feed. For rabbits and guinea pigs.

Suggested use: Adult Guinea Pigs: 3/4 teaspoon daily. Adult Rabbits: 1/4 teaspoon daily. Mix directly into food. Use more for pregnant or nursing pets. Prepare fresh daily.

In the thread on "help on my bunnys body" i showed pics of how his wound would this be good for him?

Hi,

He really needs to see a VET i wouldnt recommend trying anything on him, until he has seen a vet first.

The thing you have posted about is not neccessary at this point for your bun, he needs pain relief, antibiotics...he really needs a Vet.

:)

are you being serious?
Take him to the vet please.
If i was in America i would come and take him myself!
Please do the right thing.

Please stop telling me that, If he get worse I will take him but today his wound is healing and litle spots of new hair are growing:)

Are you going to get him a more suitable house?

Only the box really isnt suitable for him at all.

IMO - he still should see a Vet no matter what :?

Has he got a different house now?
Is he now an indoor bunny separated from his brother for good?

My Dear God! I have just read the whole of the other post, you mentioned about. I am sitting here crying :? :(

That bunny must be in so much pain - im suprised hes alive today to be honest!! Is he eating and drinking ok?? You really need to get him some help soon :cry:

Please dont look online for treatments for him - they wont help and may make it worse :(

Has he got a different house now?
Is he now an indoor bunny separated from his brother for good?

From what i understand, he is separated from his brother until one heals, i dont think Daniel is going to put them back together, he said not anyways.

The bun is currently living in two boxes which have been taped together.

Are you getting him a new house? :)

:censored::censored::censored::censored: That poor bunny :cry::cry: What a cruel heartless :censored: you are - you have had advice from all over and yet you still don't do anything:censored::censored:

Get those buns to a shelter and let them get treated and have a life:censored: As for that poor little one with the wounds - words fail me:censored: If I lived in the US I would come and take the lot off you and then make you have injuries like that poor bun:censored::censored:

Please stop telling me that, If he get worse I will take him but today his wound is healing and litle spots of new hair are growing:)

The reason people keep telling you to take this injured rabbit to the vet is because it needs to go to the vet right now.

If you care about the rabbit then get it help from a vet.

Okay, if there is one thing you are going to do, PLEASE make sure you dont ever put these two rabbits together again.

Although i cant stress enough how much he needs to see a Vet :?

I have spoken to Daniel1Dirk via PM, his other rabbits aren't too badly looked after (in comparison to many we see on this site, almost daily). He is trying, I ACTUALLY believe that this is a case of lack of knowledge (not everyone is born knowing everything about all animals). He tells me he plans to seek advice from a vet, and has sent me pics of his animals enclosuer, which could be improved. I am giving advice on it all in a friendly way, I think everyone ganging up on him and saying horrid things really isn't going to help anyone/ anybun!

I really understand that on here we are so used to seeing this sort of thing, and it gets sooooo frustrating repeating the same thing over and over, but everyone new that comes on here (seeking help) hasn't seen all the old threads, and doesn't know what they are doing is wrong. And I really don't think that shouting and screaming (sometimes it can seem that way in a post, even if its not meant to) is going to help.

We really do need to repeat the same stuff over, and take every new case as a novice owner, educate them and hope to improve their pets life. Even if we cannot make everybun treated to how we expect them to be treated, if we can advise on a few things, I'm sure it would be a great improvement to the individual animal.

Hopefully all this makes sence, if not then blame it on lack of sleep :D

That bun needs to see a vet immediately.

He's going to be in a lot of pain, even though he may not be showing it.

And cardboard boxes are not suitable for bunny accomodation. My bunny can chew her way through a cardboard box in minutes. So even if he hasn't started chewing yet, he probably will, and then there will be a rabbit on the loose.

If it's a wound from a rabbit bite it will most definately turn in to an absess if left untreated, which will in the long run cost you much more than taking the poor guy to the vets now. Bella was left with a rabbit bite which turned in to an absess that has cost me over £700 in vets bills. Take him to the vets now to save you money later.

I think the best suggestion is to get ALL your rabbits to a safer place sooner rather than later, I'm sure there are plenty of shelters/rescues nearby to you. They may even be able to take them on until you are able to provide more suitable accomodation and have researched rabbits more thoroughly.

It good that you have separated this rabbit and are getting him a new cage but don't you think that the amount of members here are telling you to take the rabbit to the vet because he REALLY NEEDS to go to the vet today.

We can all see that these are very painful injuries for the rabbit and just because you THINK that they're healing ok it doesn't mean they are.

Please stop ignoring this fact. His health is the most important thing right now.

He's a lovely bun, please get him help.

its normally injected or fed, its not a cream. if you can’t afford the vets you can’t afford your rabbits. simple as. i know your doing all you think you can but its not enough. rabbits cost money and if everything has to be done on the cheap you have to reduce your numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back