• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns weird PHOBIA!!!

Laurapaarl

Young Bun
My blimmin rabbit
We bought him a lead, so he can enjoy a walk in the summer months, and warmer winter days
We bought a new one as the old one was too small for him now, But he used to LOVE walking on his lead, and loved nothing more than actually waiting for me to put it on him!:lol:

But NOW..
Now its different
you only have to show him the lead, or have it in view and he runs around in circles, jumps onto furniture and hides under table
Lol
Bless him, I had it half way on him, when he noticed what I was doing, and went absoloutly CRAZY, lik not just normal crazy, But bonkers, and was running into thingstrying to get it off, But it was still on his bellly, and he was dragging it along, and I couldnt catch up wth him to remove it, as he wont allow me..

Im stumped, is there ANY way he could ever like his lead?
Or are we doomed forever :lol:

Last edited:
Aww poor bun. To be honest, I'd call that a normal bunny reaction rather than a phobia! Remember that rabbits are prey animals, their instincts tell them that anything wrapped around their bodies like a harness would, is probably a predator trying to eat them! If you think about it like that, it's no wonder he's terrified of it. I'd suggest you'd be far better off ditching the lead and making a secure pen with shelter that he can enjoy running around in :)

Yes, I probably should
But I dont uderstand it, He used to love going out on his lead, hed sit and wait for me tp put it on him
Then he just changed his ideas :S
Maybe because the new lead is pink :lol: Only colour we could get!
Lol
x

Maybe this one feels different - maybe it squeezes him in a different place and he feels like he's being grabbed? Or maybe something frightened or upset him one time you were out and now he associates the lead with scary/cold/etc?

ahh.. It could be that... Funny little things arent they :lol:
Better go, all this talk of him, makes me wanna go and hug him :p
hehe x

Back