• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got a bond of 3? if so how did you manage it? U/D post 10

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Hello,
Hope this doesn't get complicated.
As i lost Parsley last month :(:(. I have been undecided on what to do with Kizzy. My thought now is to try and bond him with one of my pairs. I was thinking Pringle and Sophie, BUT... i don't know if this is a good idea? will it break Sophie and Pringles bond? Will one be left out? etc... i just don't know.

Does anyone else have a bonded group of 3? is so how did you go about it? were they all singles? did it start of is a pair? are they female male? etc. All details will be appreciated, and any details of how you managed it i.e put the bonded pair in first etc. ....

opinions are welcome.

Hayley
xx

Last edited:
I have 2 threesomes at the moment - and have had 1 other in the past... in my experience, 2 boys and 1 girl will work out best.
I don't think that the risk of breaking a bond between 2 already bonded bunnies is particularly high, even if they do temporarily fall out over the other bunny being there, so wouldn't worry about that. I've only had to split 1 threesome, and that was because 1 was losing weight and wasn't getting his fair share of food (I've had to split one away from a five-some for the same reason). For the most part they all snuggle together equally and no-one gets left out... I'd say give it a go :)

eta - in each case I put them all in together at once - I wouldn't add 1 at a time or anything...

:wave:

I have two girls and a boy, started off with Poppy and Gus as a pair and added Sweetpea later..

Wasn't easy, bonded great at first then Poppy started chasing Sweetpea, took ages to settle down! Not sure I'd do it again, even though they are all happy now, they tend to take it in turns being a pair rather than all three being together but no one is left out :D

Oh and I put them all in together :)

Ok thanks well Kizzy and Pringle are male, and Sophie is female, so that would be two boys and a girl. Kizzy has been really hard to bond in the past though and took a while before he accepted Parsley. I have to seperate pringle and sophie at feeding time just now as pringle eats slow and looses weight, so would see how they got on :) thanks xx

I have a pair and a group of four, no 3's yet. Sorry i am not helpful. Hopper has 3 bonded

Ok :), Pringle and Sophie are indoors at min and Kizzy is outside. If i brought him in and done it in a place none of them have been, when would it be ok to put them in my bedrom (where pringle and sophie are just now) ? If they got on ok, xx

A week on Friday im bonding my 3 males and im worried but cant wait to see what they are like together :D

I say go for it and hopefully it will work out for the best, Good luck with whatever ou decide :D

Ok decided to try them to see how it went!!

Pringle doesnt even notice their is another rabbit their, hes hopping around in a world of his own, eating away happily :lol:

Sophie and Kizzy are a bit wary of each other, Kizzy is being really brave he normally lies and takes it all, Sophie had nudged him a couple of times and tried to nip him bit they are ok..... sophie is just sitting not moving much, shes nervous about new rooms/areas as it is farless with another rabbit :shock:xx

sounds like it isn't going too bad. I had a terrible trio that is now becoming quite a fab 4 but I had 2 girls & one boy & one of the girls is very skittish & the other is a bit of a prison bertha, so they are not very compatible.

Sophie looks scared but i think its the new environment thats making her nervous. Would it be ok to split them tonight and do it again tomorrow for a while to see how they get on ? xx

I've a trio - 2 boys & a girl - the boys adore each other & they weren't the ones that were the couple initially :D I would split them tonight to be honest just to be on the safeside & try them again tomorrow, building time up as you feel more confident with them. Sounds good so far though :D

I have split them up at the minute, will try again tomorrow for a wee while, as soon as Sophie was back in her own environment she started eating and hopping around fine. She has always been funny about different environments so i think thats why she is so nervous etc. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some happyness!! :)

Back