• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Half litter trained....

stampz

Warren Scout
Are anyone elses bunnies "half" litter trained?

Lola and Mimi now wee in their litter trays all the time Yay :), however they poo all over their run.

It is only in their run though, and never in the rest of the house, so that is good for us. Just wandered if there was a reason they prefer to poo all over the run, and yet wee religously in the litter trays?

Fudge used to be 'half' litter trained and i just left her to poo everywhere but lately she has been pooing in her litter tray awel as weeing :D:D
and she hasnt been neutered yet so im really happy with her :D

How do i litter train my bun bun? I adopted her a week ago and so havent really tried much with her yet as i've been letting her settle in but i need to figure out litter training now so she doesnt do her business everywhere! What sort of tray do you use, is it just a normal cat litter tray? and what do you put in it? I noticed in p@h that they sell small animal litter should i use this or just hay? What do i need to do to get her to use it?

I pick the poo up and put it in the litter tray. Every bit of poo they do is put back in the litter tray.

I use the wooden based cat litter.

When they pee on their newspaper, I rip it up and put it in their litter tray.

Lola is fully litter trained, and hops back in her cage to do wee/poo and I am getting there with Lucy!

when you have more than one bun..or sometimes a bun and say a cat..the bun poops to say...this mine.....my poo...mine!!

they dont usually stop either im afraid.

my first bun only did it in the lounge!! huge piles in her tray but lotsa poops on carpet..we had 3 cats and she was just telling them who was boss:lol:

honey is half litter trained she used to use it all the time but now she has decided not to anymore lol strange bunny

Back