• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny SOS: Can rabbits go out in the snow?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
It's quite deep here. They're all in the shed/their hutches at the moment, but I know that the second that shed door opens they'll want to be out in it. Would it be safer to keep them in all day? If I let them out they'd have the choice of staying in the shed anyway, or going in and out, as I wedge the door ajar, but would that be safe for them?

Mine are out and LOVVVVING it!!
They are making tunnels and digging and going mad!!
Though i may get them in earlier.

Well I'd have thought if they have the option of going back in then it'd be fine....Pixie and Pandora have their hutch and run on the lawn and theyre happily running around in the snow but they'll go in when they want to.

Cookie and Domino have just been out having a play in the garden and they loved it and Billy & Gizmo's turn in a minute. As long as they have somewhere dry to go if they get to cold, then its ok.

I'd keep an eye to make sure the cashies don't get too much snow stuck in their fur and that none look too cold but don't think it would be a problem :)

And yes we need snowy bunny pics :D :D

I'd keep an eye to make sure the cashies don't get too much snow stuck in their fur and that none look too cold but don't think it would be a problem :)

And yes we need snowy bunny pics :D :D

Yes, Hedgehog tends to stay in the shed when it's cold; he's one of the few that does. Toadstool has longer fur so he's inside for the winter anyway as he was getting too muddy, so all should be well on the cashie front :D

Toadstool sounds as if he's got the right idea.

I'm snowed in :D There was no way I was going to even attempt to get my car off the driveway this morning (our driveway is on a steep slope) and the buses are cancelled. Whoop! Whoop!

Toadstool sounds as if he's got the right idea.

I'm snowed in :D There was no way I was going to even attempt to get my car off the driveway this morning (our driveway is on a steep slope) and the buses are cancelled. Whoop! Whoop!

I made a decision to stay at home too :)

Yeah I bet your driveway is a nightmare!

Yes, Hedgehog tends to stay in the shed when it's cold; he's one of the few that does. Toadstool has longer fur so he's inside for the winter anyway as he was getting too muddy, so all should be well on the cashie front :D

Is that the name of your bunnies?:lol: Awww have you any pisc, those names are fab!!!

Most of mine have stayed in their sheds this morning apart from BB who is out in all weather, but the enclosures do have roofs and three sides are covered in.

I'm not letting mine out of their runs to go in the snow though in case they get wet and then too cold

Is that the name of your bunnies?:lol: Awww have you any pisc, those names are fab!!!

I'll see what I can do...:) It's a bit embarrassing at the vets though..

So all us Essex people get to stay at home today? Whoooohooo!!!!

Just had to dry Domino with a towel and pick the snow out of his fur. He so fluffy and his fur is so soft its all sticking to him. He's back in his shed now as I think it was getting to much for him. All the others arent fazed by it though

Mine are getting little balls of snow stuck to their bottom fur :oops:
Ive put a 3ft hutch in each run with some hay in for them to go in if need be but it seems the last thing on Moonie and Scrags mind!
Shadow on the other hand "Is a Lady" and appears not to want to dirty her feet to much in the snow!! :lol::lol:

No college for me! Buses are out, the train line i need is out and college itself is shut to students!

Mine are getting little balls of snow stuck to their bottom fur :oops:
Ive put a 3ft hutch in each run with some hay in for them to go in if need be but it seems the last thing on Moonie and Scrags mind!
Shadow on the other hand "Is a Lady" and appears not to want to dirty her feet to much in the snow!! :lol::lol:

No college for me! Buses are out, the train line i need is out and college itself is shut to students!

Yay!

Mine are still out playing, except for Orlando, Jack, Hedgehog, Brock and Lavendar, who are staying in like sensible bunnies. Jemima keeps popping in and out, but most seem to be unbothered by it. Have posted lots of pics on snow thread in photos section :D

Back