• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny "friends"?

MagikalKat

New Kit
Hi all,
I have a bit of an odd problem or question rather. About a year ago, we got my bun "Brownie" a stuffed realistic looking Tan rabbit and put the stuffed rabbit in his cage with him. Well, He fell in love with it literally and began humping it grooming and licking it and some days we would find the stuffed bun's head in the food bowl or over by the water bottle. Or we would find brownie snuggled up next to the stuffed bun. We thought it was cute that he had a "mate".
Well, now after a whole year of chewing, humping, licking and grooming, the stuffed bun has come to look rather ratty-looking and is almost completely destroyed. So i went on-line and found another stuffed bun which is brown this time just like "Brownie". So i put the new stuffed bun in with him and his old stuffed bun and at first he wasn't sure of it, and kept himself and his "mate" to one side of the cage while "new bunny" was at the other end. Then last night i noticed him over by the new bun and he was chewing on it and then he started humping it. And i thought, "Great! he's accepted the new rabbit!"
Now my problem is this. How the heck do i get his old ratty stuffed bun away from him, without him getting all upset and depressed. Is it even a good idea to take away the old bun or should i jsut let things be? His old bun is all disgusting and tattered and i'm dying to toss it, but i don't want to break brownie's heart. Any ideas on this?

I would take tatty bun out but don't throw it away just see what happens. He might just forget about tatty bun and be happywith his new 'love'?

Is there any possibilty of getting him neutered and eventually getting him a spayed rescue doe? I'm sure he would like to be groomed back :)

Rabswood

:lol: I'm sorry, but the mental picture of Brownie with his bunny version of a realdoll is cracking me up. Has he took a shine to his new friend or is he still sticking with his tatty old one? Chewing and humping could be a dominance thing rather than him being in love with it.

It would be nice if you could get him neutered and adopt him a real live spayed wifelet from rescue so he can have a proper relationship rather than the one sided one he's having at the moment.

firstly how about neutereing him and then getting him a real live bunny female friend from a rescue? until then when you let him out for a run to celan out cage etc then whip out tatty bun and just leave new bun in there with him. x

Back