• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun

Starlight

Warren Veteran
He is 7 months old and came from a mentally handicapped woman who herself had 8 children, some who also had mental disabilities, she had taken in too many, she had over 30 buns in hutches so disgusting, the smell made me wretch. All bunnies have places with the woman who alerted me to what she was doing or her V nurse assistant friend who is seeking medical treatment for the ill ones. One was dropped by one of the children and so is paralysed at the back end :( a lot are horrendously matted and have dental and runny eye problems. The one i took in fortunately is healthy. Though has had no handling, when after 5 minutes trying, i finally picked him out of the run in my garden, he screamed for a good few seconds :cry: My mum thought a predator was in the garden with him, and rushed out.. she was in the kitchen with door shut and had heard him :cry:

One of the hutches (i made the woman take all hutches when collecting the last of the buns) is 3ft depth, 3ft long and 10 inches high :shock:
Pics will follow and next weekend will be smashed up :)

When the woman arrived to get the buns, apparently the owner was making her daughter clean out the hutches in the snow, in her pyjamas:shock::(When she arrived there were several daughters in buggies holding buns on their laps, with dirty nappies and dirty bottles on the floor.
Its a tricky situ apparently as every time she has been asked how many buns there are, she changes the number, thinking they had the last (as they were told 3 more, and they had collected 3 today), she asked the woman as she was coming out "are these the last of your rabbits" And she admitted there were yet 2 more :roll: If i had been there, i would have got them, however i wasn't. One of the buns was one of the autistic daughters personal buns and when getting into the car, she could still hear her screams and cries :cry:

NEW001.jpg

NEW003.jpg

NEW006.jpg

NEW007.jpg

NEW008.jpg

NEW011.jpg

NEW014.jpg

I wonder if the members of RU can find me a new home and name?!

NEW010.jpg

NEW017.jpg

Last edited:
Awww! I was planning an english as my next bun :lol: He's got the same patterns as my first bun Stan :love:

Awww! I was planning an english as my next bun :lol: He's got the same patterns as my first bun Stan :love:

And i think due to his nervous nature and flinching/cringing when neck is touched, that a foster home is the best option at the moment ;)

And i think due to his nervous nature and flinching/cringing when neck is touched, that a foster home is the best option at the moment ;)

Ooooh hold on!! Once i move bedrooms (if everything goes to plan) Tyler will be living indoors with me and his hutch will be empty :shock:;):lol:

Ooooh hold on!! Once i move bedrooms (if everything goes to plan) Tyler will be living indoors with me and his hutch will be empty :shock:;):lol:

:D:D If your mum agree's, ill get him in for the snip and vaccine (incase his hormones get the better of him!) He would become such a lovely boy with some good handling, he is still only a bubba.

:D:D If your mum agree's, ill get him in for the snip and vaccine (incase his hormones get the better of him!) He would become such a lovely boy with some good handling, he is still only a bubba.

Hopefully next weekend we are sorting room changes, and once that is done i will see about fostering the bun. Maybe he'll like Tyler ;):lol:

:lol: Most likely! I'm off for the night, but i'll talk to you soon about the bun. Vibes for a yes from parents please :lol: Night!

Sending vibes :D
You're not good at being a successful fosterer are you ;)
First Tyler :lol:
Has your dad softened to him at all?!

Dear God, is there no end to the suffering of these fragile creatures :cry::cry::cry:

IMO she should not have animals or children :evil:

How is the bun who is paralysed?

The one you have got is gorgeous, he does look like Charlie Chaplin :love:

Dear God, is there no end to the suffering of these fragile creatures :cry::cry::cry:

IMO she should not have animals or children :evil:

How is the bun who is paralysed?

The one you have got is gorgeous, he does look like Charlie Chaplin :love:

I feel sorry for the kids having to go through it, its her fault for putting them in the situation :cry:

Paralysed bun that i know of is being cared for by her nurse friend who has been taking it into work with her for treatment etc.
I don't know what its long term future is, but i admit when she told me about him (ive not actually seen him, just heard from what she saw) i did think of you and Liz (Hugo's There) as i know you are experienced with paralysis. I could PM you her number if you want and she could give your number to her nurse friend perhaps, as im sure you will know the route to go down with him if that makes sense.

What an awful situation for the bunnies and kids to be in :( She doesnt sound very responsible to say at the least :(

Glad bunny is safe, hes gorgeous :love: xXx

Oh please do PM the number to me - I can give any help that I can with buns like that.

Poor little mite :( How sad for him, I really hope he pulls through :(

I feel sorry for the kids having to go through it, its her fault for putting them in the situation :cry:

Paralysed bun that i know of is being cared for by her nurse friend who has been taking it into work with her for treatment etc.
I don't know what its long term future is, but i admit when she told me about him (ive not actually seen him, just heard from what she saw) i did think of you and Liz (Hugo's There) as i know you are experienced with paralysis. I could PM you her number if you want and she could give your number to her nurse friend perhaps, as im sure you will know the route to go down with him if that makes sense.

Back