• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

confusedman

Mama Doe
Fanta has been loosing a lot of hair in the last three weeks and I was wondering if is normal for a rabbit to moult in this period of the year...
Any advice???

They molt roughly four times a year, but also, that can be increased if the weather, or stress, or climate play a part.

Most of mine are molting like troopers right now, and they are perfectly healthy. So yes, they can do it at this time of year.

Yep! We have chronic moulting here. With 3 indoor buns, visitors are avoiding us incase the go away covered in hair! :lol:

*wonders if I can fake a permanent moult*

Yep, my two indoor buns were moulting from november. Archie who was outdoors started moulting when we had a few warm days then it went back to freezing, we found him sick and very cold in his hutch last week and had to take him to the emergency vets. He's now indoors. I would be concerned if it was an outdoor bun moulting.

Back