• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Milly unwell. PM update

capel

Warren Veteran
Milly seems a bit under par. She was eating normally until around 6pm but hasn't been very interested in anything since then. To be honest, I didn't think too much of it until I put her evening pellets down for her after doing her dressing and she ignored them Even a brussel sprout has been left untouched. Rog made her some porridge about 10 mins ago and she had a half-hearted attempt at that. She's eaten no hay at all since early evening. I'm going to give her some infacol and see if that helps at all. How much should she have..she weighs about 4.8kg. I also have some metacam... Help:shock:

Last edited:
I would use at least 2 ml

Is there any sign of bloat? If there is no sign of bloat, then it's just a GI stasis, or in a less likely scenario--a teeth problem.

everything you need to know about GI stasis

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=124510

Metacam must be given when there is something in the bunny's stomach, not on an empty stomach

the dosage for metacam is:

dosage = wt. x KG x 0.1/1.5 mg/ml

for a 4.8 KG bun,

dosage = 0.32 ml

assuming you are using the dog's metacam package

Last edited:
Her teeth are all fine, having been checked last week by the vet as part of an MOT:), and she has been producing normal droppings all night. I've given her 4ml of infacol (about half an hour ago , just after putting up the post) and will re-assess in another half hour or so..

Nooo not Milly!!

EAT MILLY EAT!!

I want to start a Milly fan club, i love her :love: :love:

Vibes and noserubs for Milly xx

Oh Milly I hope you're feeling better this morning beautiful girl :cry: Come on you've got to eat for your mummy & daddy. Sending you lots of vibes & a big, big cuddle sweetheart xxxx

A quick update. She is eating a bit, has had some porridge and also nibbled on some hay but is totally diinterested in her pellets. She's pooing and weeing normally but is def quietr than usual. I'll keep an eye on her and if there's no change I'll take her to emergency vet this afternoon.

Hi Hilda, I'm having the same trouble with Furby this morning :(
She had tea last night but nothing this morning ... I've brought her indoors about 1/2 hour ago no poo or wee as yet..

My little Pyeman was ill last night, not the first time by a long shot. I know how worrying it is and i hope she gets back to her normal self soon. Sending lots of vibes x

Could it be her teeth :?
There are no signs of abscesses in her jaw are there ie along her mandible ?

Sending more vibes

When we got back from church she was eating some pellets. She didn't finish them, but moved onto some hay and when I offered her some brocolli she gobbled it down. She's snoozing in the lounge at the moment, and seems fairly relaxed, but there's still something "not quite right", or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Anyway, will keep an eye out for changes. I've checked her jawline, Jane and all seems normal. Tried to ring you, but no answer, so I expect you're up to your eyes in bunny-duties. lol

Back