• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - Ok to leave them 2nd night? - Update

Murphy30

Warren Scout
Hi
I'm currently re-bonding my two and it's going really well, they are grooming each other all the time, and laying down/eating together etc. I spent last night sleeping on the sofa so I could hear them if anything kicked off, but they both slept all night with no bother.
Unfortunately my back is killing me from sleeping on the sofa, and I don't have anywhere else downstairs I can sleep (They're outdoor bunnies, so I'm having to bond them in the utility room, which is downstairs, and has no heating - The dog crate they're in is also too big to take upstairs). Do you think they will be ok if I go to bed and leave them downstairs in the dog crate on their own together tonight? I'll be putting them back out in their (neutralised) hutch tomorrow afternoon anyway.

There's still the odd hump here and there, but it's very half hearted now.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I am sure they will be fine.I bonded my two bunnies a few weeks ago,left them the second night and they were absolutely fine.

If they are reasonably settled there is no reason why you cannot sleep in your bed tonight. I slept in mine last night although didnt go up till late.

Thanks for the advice :D I'll stay up as late as possible and will sleep upstairs tonight then. Hopefully they'll still be all loved up when I come down in the morning! :love:

Update!

Hi

Well, the bunsters are back out in their hutch now, and still all loved up! :love: Although from watching them I get the impression that Milo is slightly more besotted than Cookie is, bless him. He keeps following her round everywhere, and if she goes off an leaves him he has such a dejected look on his face, lol!

I don't think I would have had the bottle to do the bonding if it hadn't been for the info I read on here and the advice given, so thanks guys! :D

Will post some pics of them together soon.

That's great. It's such a relief when you've left them together for a few nights, I know I didn't sleep well for a week with mine :oops:

Back