• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Egg and Tuesday vs. Carpet: ROUND 1!

woodstock

Mama Doe
House bunnies Egg and Tuesday have always had wooden floors with rugs - Which has been useful for mopping up 'accidents', but a little slidy for them.

With the cold snap biting this year, I decided I can't take the drafts through the floorboards any more, and have decided to carpet the whole downstairs of the house, but it could be quite a dangerous decision with Tuesday the carpet and rug destroyer.... :shock:

I picked up 2 rolls of carpet from ebay, and they are now sat in the lounge and also intrude on 'rabbit territory' in the dining room, with the fitter coming on tuesday (not the rabbit - the day).

So, this thread will be my points tally of rabbits vs carpet - place your bets now for who will win overall

I think Egg wins the first round:

3241463989_c2bba52412.jpg

Tuesday Yay!!, (the buny that is), how lovely to see your two again, we haven't seen them or you in ages, are they OK?

Ooooh :wave: Egg and Tuesday are two of my favourite RU bunnies, it's so lovely to see them again :D

I suspect that the carpet will lose this battle spectacularly quickly - quite possibly even before it's been laid :lol:

Egg and Tuesday say hello! :wave:

I could say that the buns just haven't been doing anything cute or entertaining.... but i'd be lying - i've just been snowed under at work (boo).

As you can tell from the photo, Egg has been acting her age (she's 6 now - I don't know where the times goes to - it seems like just yesterday she was in a box on the way home)... oh yeah - that's right, she's not been acting her age! Still as nosey and full of mischief as ever :lol:

Tuesday has been a bit sneezey of late... I think he might be allergic to hay dust :( , but other than that he's been learning new tricks. As he thinks he's a dog i've been trying to teach him to fetch (well, by fetch I mean spot where the raisons go when I throw them, and then hunt them down :love:). It's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but I think he'll get there in the end.

I'm a holding out a small hope that the carpet will survive... but they given I bought it off ebay, it won't be the end of the world if they do develop an unhealthy obsession with it... I don't quite know what i'll be able to do with 2 buns full of carpet though! :lol:

:wave:Hello Egg:wave:Hello Tuesday gosh you two have been hiding for a while now haven't you.Lovely to see you again though :D:D

I think that Egg may be the first to take a dislike tot he carpet but I shall wait and see for further updates.:lol::lol:

Egg and Tuesday say hello! :wave:

I could say that the buns just haven't been doing anything cute or entertaining.... but i'd be lying - i've just been snowed under at work (boo).

As you can tell from the photo, Egg has been acting her age (she's 6 now - I don't know where the times goes to - it seems like just yesterday she was in a box on the way home)... oh yeah - that's right, she's not been acting her age! Still as nosey and full of mischief as ever :lol:

Tuesday has been a bit sneezey of late... I think he might be allergic to hay dust :( , but other than that he's been learning new tricks. As he thinks he's a dog i've been trying to teach him to fetch (well, by fetch I mean spot where the raisons go when I throw them, and then hunt them down :love:). It's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but I think he'll get there in the end.

I'm a holding out a small hope that the carpet will survive... but they given I bought it off ebay, it won't be the end of the world if they do develop an unhealthy obsession with it... I don't quite know what i'll be able to do with 2 buns full of carpet though! :lol:

:love:

Carpet update!

Tuesday managed to get a nibble of the carpet roll end, AND the underlay yesterday before going and hiding in the tele cabinet where the draw would be last night! :lol:

However, the carpet fitters are here now, so the buns are in the hall upstairs, but are looking scared and hiding in their poo tray - so I think that makes it all square with everything to play for!

Back