• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

twitching when eating

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
This is just something i have noticed, not really worried about, just wondered if anyone else had come across it.

when Indi is eating - both with her head in the bowl and when chewing - her skin twitches, especially along her back and around her bum. If i touch it it stops around where my finger is, but continues the rest of her body, and comes back when i take my hand away. She doesnt do it any other time (that i have seen) inc sleeping. It doesnt seem to bother her or anything, i was just curious.

Could it be something left over from her head tilt a few weeks ago? anyone else had a bun do that? i could try to get it on video some time....

Oh yes mine do this all the time :lol: I don't think it's anything to worry about, they just seem to do it when they're excited about dinner :)

Yup, excitement. IT used to happen here with banana and became known as 'banana hips' but now we have 'pellet hips' 'basil hips' the lot.

Mine do it all the time - usually when they're trying to eat something quite fast, before the other one can pinch it. :lol::lol:

gladto hear my girls are "normal" then :lol::lol: i've just given them some spring greens shredded up and buried in their box of shredded paper (thanks dad for sending me my printer in there!) and they got so excited they kinda...er...hummed? cant describe it! sounds like that squeaky noise when you stretch a balloon??? its obviously a day of doing weird stuff! :lol:

Mine twitc when given banana but also kind of gag on it too, should I be worried? I think they do it because they are eating it so fast so the other one cant get it!

Back