• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rescue-Should I?

amycraig66

Warren Scout
I have just been to my local Pets at Home and there is a 5 month old rescue bunny on his own and wanting for a forever home. I desperately wanna save him. Should I? I already have a boy who's neutered and a girl whos being done in 2 weeks. I wanna save him and I had him out when i was there and he was sitting on my lap and so friendly! Just don't know if he will clash him my our buns?

Why not go to a local rescue?
They will bond for you and will be on hand for any advice.
Can you afford to take on another, eg if an emergency came up could you potentially afford a few hundred pounds?

can you afford him, and do you have the space, would you try to bond as a 3 some and if it didnt work would be able to get him a friend once hes neutered its all very tempting and we've all been there, me being one of them :oops: for a start he will most likely not be neutered some p@h dont know the history i would ask and see what they say in store first he will need to be registered at the vets so they give a good checking over to make sure his in good health, could you afford the fees if he turns out to be a dental buns its all things you have to consider

a local rescue will help with bonding as its pretty stress bonding 3 you will need neutral ground

I definately agree with kris... if you can afford it financially then go for it. Im guessing its in the adoption part? :?

I personally wouldnt even get an adoption bun from there as i hate the place, but i guess if youve fell in love with him you'll always be thinking what if.

Hope you decide what to do soon xXx

I know nothing about your set up.

If you are planning to put 3 rabbits together you will need a hutch with attatched run. The hutch would need to be a minimum of 6 x 2 foot. Do you have the space?

What would you do with the additional bun if it did not bond in with yours, pet shops will not offer you any support with bonding or help if bonding was unsuccessful.

Have you space to house this bun separately for a number of weeks prior to considering bonding this bun with yours. You know nothing about this history of this bun which will need to be housed separately to ensure that it does not have any infection which could pose a risk to your own buns.

If you are seriously considering haveing 3 buns, go to somewhere which will offer you support with the bonding and after support.

I agree about the bonding support. Unfortunately my bunnies started fighting after five days and they have to remain separate. I did get mine from a rescue so could have taken him back. You probably wouldn't have that option so you could end up with three separate bunnies.

Back