• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits are awkward

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I have 17 buns and have been mulling over my options for bonding in the spring, and quite simply, they are very limited.

I have three trios, who are all fine. One is a fresh trio, and not one I want to touch. The other are my foster, so can't touch them, and the third trio is very finely balanced, although with the right bun, could potentially make a quad.

I then have 8 individuals. Two are currently unneutered and so are not yet bondable, so that leaves six.

2 girls, 4 boys.

1 of the girls, Candyfloss, has already divorced 3 buns. She tolerates them for a while, and they do ok, then just something tiny flicks and switch and she turns on them. Last weekend she divorced her most recent boyfriend, but thankfully he is now with another pair, making one of the trios.

The other girl, Sandy, thinks she is queen and wants the world to worship her and if they don't bow down easily, she is very nasty.

The first boy, Dusk, has never been tried with anyone, but I'm hoping he might be an easy bond and may go with Candyfloss as they both live outside currently, but I need to shift some weight of Candyfloss first.

The other three boys, Sky, Badger and Star, all live in my room (I have a 6ft by 6 ft NIC cage), and they ALL think I am their bonded buddy, which makes bonding very difficult. Add to that that they are also all dominant buns, and bonding is difficult.

I have several untried options, but less feasible options. Basically, my options are Candyfloss and Dusk, or move Sandy outside and bond her with Dusk, and try Candyfloss with one of the boys in my room, or just have her by herself as a house bun.

This is REALLY giving me a headache. Why can't my buns be easy! :lol: Awkward bunnies! I'd love to have all my fixed ones in pairs or groups, and eventually have them all in pairs or groups. But THEY have other ideas. *snarls*

Back