• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please...U/D

drboo

Mama Doe
...re preparing a hutch for a newly bonded pair. The hutch was the residence of one of the pair. I have completely emptied the hutch, and sprayed it all inside with Johnson pet disinfectant. When its dry, I was going to scrub it out with distilled vinegar. Is this right? I am buying a new food bowl and litter tray, and new toys. The hutch had a piece of carpet - can this be done with vinegar, or should I get a whole new piece? Also, do I need to do the hutch coverand outside of hutch with vinegar? Finally, I am moving the run for them to a new area of the patio. Do I need to do the actual run itself? Thanks everyone :wave:

Last edited:
i would replace the carpet but everything else should be fine with what youve done ...

wouldnt worry about inside of cover :D

I agree the carpet should go, but everything else should be ok. Just a thought though - you can mis a little lemon joice in the vinegar to help with the smell...
Good luck :D

Why lol whos lined up next :lol::lol: I feel like i have been bonding for weeks lol:lol:

no one ... yet:)
theres no one now until the 19th feb so put your feet up and chill for a while. but don't leave the country just incase :lol:

thank you michelle you are an expert in bunny bonding :thumb:

no one ... yet:)
theres no one now until the 19th feb so put your feet up and chill for a while. but don't leave the country just incase :lol:

thank you michelle you are an expert in bunny bonding :thumb:

Lol why thankyou *takes a bow* lol

You shouldn't have a problem. After Floss died, Bournville lived in our bathroom and I sprayed the outdoor hutch with a hutch deodorant, washed the floor thoroughly and bleached the litter trays etc. I didn't take the carpet off the ramp though..just sprayed it with the hutch cleaner/ deodorant. I didn't do anything with the attached run and the set up stayed in the same postion on the patio. A week later after he was bonded with Fliss and Tim, they all went into Floss and Bournville's hutch with no problems at all.

No its not Matilda :wave:. I haven't said anything as I didn't want to jinx it, but I now I know they are loved up, could I? :?

Aww Angie said she had a dutch husbun and it was easy peasy so when you said you were getting a pair I assumed it was with Fiver. :lol::lol:

Back