• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and cats?

mashpotato

Young Bun
i was wondering who has rabbits and cats?
do they have free range of your home together or do you keep them seperate?
Peppa is a british giant rabbit so not tiny

My brothers friend has a cat thats due to give birth soon and has offered the kittens to all his frends first, he asked would we like one.
My eldest son whos 5 had 2 ginger cats for his second birthday Poppy and Mo (were supposed to both be boys but turned out one was female :evil:). My mother in law took Poppy to breed with her ginger male. Then the other half had to start a new job and we had to move and the landlord said no pets so my mum has Mo. But then last year the landlord said we could have pets the rules we're for short term tenants, could have bloody said that at the beginning:evil:. Unfortunately Mo is too happy at my mums to come back with us, im scared he'd try to find his way home, so i think its unfair to move him.
So just wanted some advice, if we were to get one.

Last edited:
It depends on the individual animals, the cats may be too playful or the rabbits may be too scared but they can get on fine :) You must never leave them together unsupervised though because cats can scratch like :censored:

I have 7 cats and have had kittens with rabbits, if anything the kittens are scared of the rabbits. But never leave the rabbit home alone with cats. I trust mine with them but you never know.

I have two permanent buns and two cats. I also have foster buns here.

My cats are fine with the buns. They often get in the run with them and one night i accidentally locked one of the cats in the shed when I did my last check of the night. He spent the night cuddled up on a bale of hay and seemed none the worse for it. The buns dont bat an eyelid when the cats are in with them.

One of my buns is so viscious at times that it's the cats I would fear for!

Obviously tho, i would just supervise any new introductions of animals but if you're thinking of having kittens, the rabbits should become a normal part of their surroundings.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

My cat is fine with my rabbits. She plays with them (and the rats) and never brings her claws out. Obviously I never leave them un supervised, I actualy worry more about the rabbits attacking the cat with my lot lol.

I don't have a cat, but my neighbourhood is owned by an old ginger tom that likes to sunbathe in my garden

he is a friendly old soul, and has never bothered my rabbits

he looks old and fat, so I doubt he can even climb the fence to get into the back garden where the buns live

but my old neighbourhood, there used to be a cat that stalked my rabbits constantly, to the extent the buns wouldn't come onto the lawn

I've also seen domestic cats stalking wild rabbits

So it depends on the cat and how hungry/evil it is

I have three cats and one rabbit. I'm still trying to get them properly introduced (Daisy bunny arrived a month ago).

My male cat is a bit of a terror, so he hasn't spent much time with Daisy, my two females are pretty much fine with her, but not keen on interacting - it's very sad as Daisy wants to join their cuddles on the sofa, but they always run away!

So, as others have said, depends on the cat in question, and you should never leave them unattended as you don't want any nasty accidents (bunny or cat inflicted).

In our old house Deej lived in a hutch in the garden, one day he got out and chased of the cat that used to try and come in our house, and the cat never came back in the garden again! Deej really hates cats!

Back