• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help advice..info

smallbrownfrog

Warren Scout
Hi all, I have a problem. I am in newzealand, and my rabbit Harvey has another eye infection.

He had one before I left and was signed off by the vet before I came away. I have 2 rabbits outside and a cat, so a friend is looking flat-sitting, however, he is not rabbit savvy an is now in the position of having to take Harvey to the vets and administer meds on a regular basis. I have not been able to contact the vets so far, so I don't know how bad the ulcer is this time, it was pretty bad last time. I am here for a wedding and feel terrible that my little bun is not getting the care and attention he needs but I do not know what to do! I looked at putting him into a kennel, but I don't know of anywhere I can contact who is rabbit savvy or will administer meds every 6 hours.

We have another vet appointment on Monday, hopefully that will establish weather it is healing quickly.

My flat-sitter leaves the country in a few weeks and 2 other friends are going to do a period each until I return, but they both work and neither has ever had rabbits.

I don't know how long ulcers take to get serious...it has been a week since he was signed off by the vet for the last ones....

Any advice or ideas to pass on to my flat-sitters would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know what else I can do. It was very hard to get anyone to flat-sit at all!

I have access to the net for the next few days, then it will be a week or so before I will be near a pc or phone reception.

When you say kennel is this soley for dogs?
I don't know the situation in New Zealand, but i know over here there are specific rabbit boarding establishments.
Also, i know that some rescues will do boarding for a donation to the rescue :)

I notice you are in London. If your friend can get him here, i can administer his meds and take him for check ups with my vets (on the basis that you reimburse on presentation of reciepts) and a boarding fee.

Last edited:
I notice you are in London. If your friend can get him here, i can administer his meds and take him for check ups with my vets (on the basis that you reimburse me on returning on reciepts i will keep) and a boarding fee.

I think the bunny is in New Zealand?

Oh no, wait, i am SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!

:lol:

Hey, sorry if I was unclear, I was typing very fast in an internet cafe, whilst very upset....I don't know what's going on! I think my vet is using this oppertunity to do stuff he wouldn't normally be alowed to do. I can't tell for sure coz I don't know how bad the eye is, but he's perscribed a painkiller for dogs that isn't licenced for rabbits, instead of the recular injection that i've had before. He has also sent a swob off for analysis the eye has no discharge and responded well to meds for an ulcer, so I don't know why he has done this. The last check up cost 115quid! and will have lots more to come to check the progress of the ulser...

My flat is in London, Motspur park. If a rabbit savvy, and experienced with administering meds kinda person could help that would be fantastic. I am of course totally unable of checking out where my rabbit would be going, so I have to just trust you guys....

SRR I will PM you now.

Thanks, I actually ment I would Pm Jack's Jane, and have.

You guys are doing a great job of interpreting my speed typing! Thank you for you responses.

Back