• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"We kept our Rabbit in this for 7 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhhhh wonderful, such a fine example of just what a bunny should live in!!! NOT :evil::evil::evil::censored::censored::censored:

Poor bunny, being subjected to that poor excuse for a hutch for 7 years :cry:

Punishment.... Keep the owner in a cage the equivelant size for seven years and see how THEY like it.
Pathetic excuses of humans, Just because itsa small furry bun doesnt mean it doesnt have the right to a comfy living space and loadsa hugs
Im betting it didnt get many of them either. :censored::censored::censored:

I love this forum. You have all helped me a great deal, both with ensuring my buns have the best life I can possibly offer them and ensuring that I do all I can for them when it comes to ensuring good health.

However........not everyone knows as well as we do. Please do not judge people on what they don't know. Try to educate them rather than beat them over the head with what they don't know. People that join this forum do so to try and do the best by their buns. Email the seller. Tell them this isn't big enough for a bun, and why. You can't expect them to know and understand what is acceptable if no-one has ever taught them.

Sorry for the rant...I'm done now. :(

I love this forum. You have all helped me a great deal, both with ensuring my buns have the best life I can possibly offer them and ensuring that I do all I can for them when it comes to ensuring good health.

However........not everyone knows as well as we do. Please do not judge people on what they don't know. Try to educate them rather than beat them over the head with what they don't know. People that join this forum do so to try and do the best by their buns. Email the seller. Tell them this isn't big enough for a bun, and why. You can't expect them to know and understand what is acceptable if no-one has ever taught them.

That is tru but surely anyone can see that a hutch that size is way too small. I think some things can be forgiven for not knowing such as diet etc but, I am sorry, that is unforgivable.

I'm sorry I understand what you're saying but in this day & age there is no need to be so ignorant to what needs any animal has. If they don't know any different then find out - there is plenty of help & advice out there for all animals :roll: It's just a case folk using their common sense in my opinion to find info out.

I completely agree, I was very fortunate that I found this forum in the same week that I found Hunny wandering in the streets, and I am happy to say I have learned tons now and feel that I can give my buns a good life.

The reason I get upset, is because, no matter how often we try to educate people, the majority of them get highly offended and abusive because they have "always kept rabbits like that and they have been fine". These are the people who say their rabbits have suddenly gone after being off their food for a few days (like my neighbour), when, infact, their buns could have survived if they had listened to advice.

It's frustration, as we know Rabbits are the most neglected domestic pet, when they dont need to be. :(

I think it depend on what you are brought up with. I knew about hay and pellets, and was so proud last year when I got him and he had an extra foot on his hutch and run. I didn't realise, esp when it was massive compared to the ones in the pet shops. I didn't know. I soon learned on here, but without people to lead the way, many are in the dark.

Look at the literature in P@H no mention of minimum hutch, they even stock rabbit shoe boxes, even the RSPCA's minimum recommendations are 'hidden' within all their rabbit stuff, not on front page. I think cos things have not moved forward for caring for dogs and cats, in general day to day conditions, then there is the assumption that its the same for rabbits. Many people still don't know it is possible to neuter rabbits and guinea pigs (I didn't know about pigs, til a few weeks ago)

I know many people on here have worked to forward rabbits lives for many years. however, for those of us who are new to this, I have never seend a rabbit shed until I was on here, or even considered a house rabbit.

Last edited:
I think it depend on what you are brought up with. I knew about hay and pellets, and was so proud last year when I got him and he had an extra foot on his hutch and run. I didn't realise, esp when it was massive compared to the ones in the pet shops. I didn't know. I soon learned on here, but without people to lead the way, many are in the dark.

Look at the literature in P@H no mention of minimum hutch, they even stock rabbit shoe boxes, even the RSPCA's minimum recommendations are 'hidden' within all their rabbit stuff, not on front page. I think cos things have not moved forward for caring for dogs and cats, in general day to day conditions, then there is the assumption that its the same for rabbits. Many people still don't know it is possible to neuter rabbits and guinea pigs (I didn't know about pigs, til a few weeks ago)

I know many people on here have worked to forward rabbits lives for many years. however, for those of us who are new to this, I have never seend a rabbit shed until I was on here, or even considered a house rabbit.

I agree, when I got my buns I didn't know about vaccinations/neutering/hutch size, ect until I joined here.

However....even when i got my buns I would not have kept them in a hutch that size.

I think it's got alot to do with getting wrong ideas from manufacturers BUT common sense would urge someone not to allow their animal live in ultimately a small corridor :cry:

it is small but they might have let the rabbit out from time to time. if they kept the rabbit in there for 7 whole years with no exercise then i would agree.

it is small but they might have let the rabbit out from time to time. if they kept the rabbit in there for 7 whole years with no exercise then i would agree.

Im not being funny, i have a pet carrier around that size. My rabbits would go crazy stuck in there for an hour, let alone a day they could let it out all day, night hours this weather is 6pm to 8am... thats 14 hours stuck in a cupboard. No Reason For It At All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back